Dual screening, and general output info

My graphics card is a: XFX HD 4850 625M 512MB DDR3 HDMI DVI VGA PCI-E

Bought from:http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-135-XF&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=938

My motherboard is a gigabyte GA-P55-US3l

Just some questions relating to monitors.

1. My graphics card has a DVI, HDMI and VGA outputs - how many of these can be used at once - 2 or 3 if I had several monitors? (and any combination?)

2. My motherboard has HD graphics (apparently) is there anyway to make use of this if I am using the graphics card with my main monitor(s)? I.e. another monitor?

I have a current VGA monitor and I would probably prefer to connect a new one via HDMI.

3. What are the differences quality-wise between them all? - I assume HDMI must be better than VGA is some way or another. Thanks.


I usually google things like this but I wanted to know it specific to my GFX card (especially as there are several types of 4850 - my friend has one and it doesn't have HDMI).


Thanksssssssssssssssssssss :hello: :bounce:


Full specs:
5 answers Last reply
More about dual screening general output info
  1. Sean5861 said:
    My graphics card is a: XFX HD 4850 625M 512MB DDR3 HDMI DVI VGA PCI-E

    Bought from:http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-135-XF&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=938

    My motherboard is a gigabyte GA-P55-US3l

    Just some questions relating to monitors.

    1. My graphics card has a DVI, HDMI and VGA outputs - how many of these can be used at once - 2 or 3 if I had several monitors? (and any combination?)

    2. My motherboard has HD graphics (apparently) is there anyway to make use of this if I am using the graphics card with my main monitor(s)? I.e. another monitor?

    I have a current VGA monitor and I would probably prefer to connect a new one via HDMI.

    3. What are the differences quality-wise between them all? - I assume HDMI must be better than VGA is some way or another. Thanks.


    I usually google things like this but I wanted to know it specific to my GFX card (especially as there are several types of 4850 - my friend has one and it doesn't have HDMI).


    Thanksssssssssssssssssssss :hello: :bounce:


    Full specs:

    1. My graphics card has a DVI, HDMI and VGA outputs - how many of these can be used at once - 2 or 3 if I had several monitors? (and any combination?) You can use 2 monitor at the same time :kaola:

    2. My motherboard has HD graphics (apparently) is there anyway to make use of this if I am using the graphics card with my main monitor(s)? I.e. another monitor? not sure about that, most likely not :sweat:

    I have a current VGA monitor and I would probably prefer to connect a new one via HDMI. HDMI is amazing :love:

    3. What are the differences quality-wise between them all? - I assume HDMI must be better than VGA is some way or another. Thanks. HDMI is far better, not only does it carry sound (if you conect the spdif to the motherboard) but you get an amazing image quality
    If you want to use 3 monitors get a 5750 or something like that, a 5770 maybe?
    anything else pal? :D
  2. gerardb said:
    1. My graphics card has a DVI, HDMI and VGA outputs - how many of these can be used at once - 2 or 3 if I had several monitors? (and any combination?) You can use 2 monitor at the same time :kaola:

    2. My motherboard has HD graphics (apparently) is there anyway to make use of this if I am using the graphics card with my main monitor(s)? I.e. another monitor? not sure about that, most likely not :sweat:

    I have a current VGA monitor and I would probably prefer to connect a new one via HDMI. HDMI is amazing :love:

    3. What are the differences quality-wise between them all? - I assume HDMI must be better than VGA is some way or another. Thanks. HDMI is far better, not only does it carry sound (if you conect the spdif to the motherboard) but you get an amazing image quality
    If you want to use 3 monitors get a 5750 or something like that, a 5770 maybe?
    anything else pal? :D


    Thanks for the fast reply. I was pretty sure about the first question anyway but wanted to be sure. I'm not planning on getting 3 monitors anytime soon I just wanted to know. :kaola: I knew HDMI would have some quality advantages but I wasn't sure how much difference there was. After all there are some really nice quality monitors that have DVI and no HDMI.

    Is it worth getting a monitor with speakers (or a tv)? I have 2 cheap dell speakers at the moment so is it really worth paying the extra for some speakers? (And a bigger monitor as a result of course :pt1cable: )
  3. Sean5861 said:
    Thanks for the fast reply. I was pretty sure about the first question anyway but wanted to be sure. I'm not planning on getting 3 monitors anytime soon I just wanted to know. :kaola: I knew HDMI would have some quality advantages but I wasn't sure how much difference there was. After all there are some really nice quality monitors that have DVI and no HDMI.

    Is it worth getting a monitor with speakers (or a tv)? I have 2 cheap dell speakers at the moment so is it really worth paying the extra for some speakers? (And a bigger monitor as a result of course :pt1cable: )

    DVI = HDMI without sound. :lol:
    well, in my case i have a 24" 1920*1200 pixels LCD with speaker, its the hp w2408h.
    It's nice to have speakers on the monitor but um... they are 2 watts xD i mean!!! C'mon!!! my ipod sounds better LOL!!
    Usually, tv's and computer monitors with speakers, are not the best in soud, cuz they are small, cheap, and get the job done.
    For a better experience, get some NICE 2.1 Sound system, or a 5.1 sound system.
    Get something with a sub-woofer, it makes everything BETTER =)
    logitech has some nice deals on some speakers like this one
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121033&cm_re=logitech_speaker-_-36-121-033-_-Product
    hope this helps!
    Anything else i can help you with? :D
  4. Ok thanks, your input has sorted out my outputs :lol: :wahoo:

    :love:
  5. Sean5861 said:
    Ok thanks, your input has sorted out my outputs :lol: :wahoo:

    :love:

    LOL!!! :lol:
    No problem! :pt1cable:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors HDMI VGA Graphics Product