Wireless Adapter stopped picking up networks

stevec32

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I needed a new graphics card because the last one burnt out, and once that was installed everything was fine. I installed the drivers from the disk and removed the old graphics card drivers.

However my wireless adapter of my desktop computer, in one of the four PCI slots, has now just about stopped working.

It's a Belkin F5D7001, or 'Broadcom 802.11g' (it's got a broadcom chip), and it used to work perfectly. Not a problem at all. However, after the graphics card install the adapter pretty much never picks up a single network.

Sometimes a few will appear, but always low signal and never the one I need to find. My network is not hidden, but it does have a password.

I've installed the very latest drivers, rolled them back, taken the card out and installed the adapter before putting it back in and reinstalling. Nothing seems to work. I've even ensured that Wired and WLAN Autoconfig are set to automatic.

Now, I'm completely stumped. I'm guessing I'm going to have to fork out money for a new one, but this is just a pain in the ass. ANY help would be seriously appreciated. The wireless network is too far away for a wired connection also by the way, and I can connect to it from the two other laptops in the house, but these are both seriously old and incapable of anything I need internet connection from my desktop for.

Some Further info;
My computer is a HP Media Center PC m7000 m7520.uk.
I've upgraded it to a new graphics card, and new ram.
The wireless adapter is connected by a PCI card, it's definitely plugged in properly.

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Take it out out of the pci slot, if you can put it into a different pci slot. If not just put it back in. It'll reinstall the drivers automatically and it aught to work.

stevec32

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I've done that before and it doesn't work, it just installs the device, says 'successfully installed the drivers' and then continues to be unable to find any networks.