Any takers for TR1 Gold? Going, GONE!

Ok,

Sorry, Kieran, but since Eos and Miowarra Tomokatu both said they had
not played the game, I think its only fair they get them.

Anyway, the judge's decision is final.

Eos and Miowarra,

You will need to send me a snail-mail address where I can ship these
boxes. Doesn't have to be your address if you don't want me to know it.

I'll ship them where you tell me. If the shipping's too much for me to
afford I'll let you know and we'll go from there.

So, send the address to the From: address in this post, just take out
the "NO" and "SPAM". Without that it *is* a real e-mail address.

**Make sure you put the title of this post into the subject line.**

Otherwise, I might see it as spam and delete it, like I do most things
that arrive at that address.

---
PW

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Pistol Whipped mentioned

>Ok,
>
>Sorry, Kieran, but since Eos and Miowarra Tomokatu both said they had
>not played the game, I think its only fair they get them.
>
>Anyway, the judge's decision is final.
>

>Eos and Miowarra,
>
>You will need to send me a snail-mail address where I can ship these
>boxes. Doesn't have to be your address if you don't want me to know it.
>
>I'll ship them where you tell me. If the shipping's too much for me to
>afford I'll let you know and we'll go from there.
>
>So, send the address to the From: address in this post, just take out
>the "NO" and "SPAM". Without that it *is* a real e-mail address.
>
>**Make sure you put the title of this post into the subject line.**
>
>Otherwise, I might see it as spam and delete it, like I do most things
>that arrive at that address.
>
>---
>PW

From your headers, I assume that you're in Tampa Bay which I think is
in Florida (USA).

I'm in Sydney N.S.W (Australia) and as I said in my first message, I
really wouldn't expect you to front the parcel postage for that
distance, so (reluctantly) I must allow you to re-assign the "prize".

Thank you for thinking of me, though.

Hey! I intend to be around for a while, let's just converse (I may
need some hints tips and tricks later).

Actually I'm still working through the "40 Fathom" level in TR2, just
finished off the three barracudas (using the M16 from above water) but
I only had five speargun shafts when I tackled the big shark.

Hit the b--------- with all of them, then ran out so I can't expect to
claim "all kills" and the bonus for THAT level. (Unless I re-do it.)

My question is: How many spears does it take to kill that
b**********???? (assuming that I can hit with all of them)

Is there a sweet spot for a "critical hit" (one-shot kill).

Should we perhaps try to get below and behind and go for the
ring-shot?
-
-
Some days, it just isn't worth chewing through the straps.
-
-

Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

"Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
> Ok,
>
> Sorry, Kieran, but since Eos and Miowarra Tomokatu both said they had not
> played the game, I think its only fair they get them.
>
> Anyway, the judge's decision is final.
>

> Eos and Miowarra,
>
> You will need to send me a snail-mail address where I can ship these
> boxes. Doesn't have to be your address if you don't want me to know it.
>
> I'll ship them where you tell me. If the shipping's too much for me to
> afford I'll let you know and we'll go from there.
>
> So, send the address to the From: address in this post, just take out the
> "NO" and "SPAM". Without that it *is* a real e-mail address.
>
> **Make sure you put the title of this post into the subject line.**
>
> Otherwise, I might see it as spam and delete it, like I do most things
> that arrive at that address.
>
> ---
> PW

> Sorry, Kieran, but since Eos and Miowarra Tomokatu both said they had not
> played the game, I think its only fair they get
> them.

Sure thing, sounds fair to me - hope Eos and Miowarra enjoy the game it sure
is a real blast to play! :)

Kieran

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Miowarra Tomokatu was heard,
at about 03/28/2005 12:57 AM, and I could have sworn it said ...
<snip>

> From your headers, I assume that you're in Tampa Bay which I think is
> in Florida (USA).
>
> I'm in Sydney N.S.W (Australia) and as I said in my first message, I
> really wouldn't expect you to front the parcel postage for that
> distance, so (reluctantly) I must allow you to re-assign the "prize".

You sure? I might be able to find another way. At least, getting it
closer before it's shipped. I work for an international company and I
should be able to get someone from one of the foreign offices to carry
it part of the way (I work at HQ)... then ship it. (probably Japan, but
we may open in India quite soon)

> Thank you for thinking of me, though.
>
> Hey! I intend to be around for a while, let's just converse (I may
> need some hints tips and tricks later).

Oh, I'm always here. Yes, I have no life. ;)

> Actually I'm still working through the "40 Fathom" level in TR2, just
> finished off the three barracudas (using the M16 from above water) but
> I only had five speargun shafts when I tackled the big shark.

I know the M16 will do the job, but you're gonna wish you hadn't spent
that much ammo on some pesky fish! I know ... its a pain to jump in and
out of the water just to get them close enough to shoot ... but there is
quite a need for patience in the game, or you use up all your reserves.

> Hit the b--------- with all of them, then ran out so I can't expect to
> claim "all kills" and the bonus for THAT level. (Unless I re-do it.)
>
> My question is: How many spears does it take to kill that
> b**********???? (assuming that I can hit with all of them)

I think you can do it with about 3 if you're really good (meaning close
;) ) but that usually ends up costing you in medi-packs.

> Is there a sweet spot for a "critical hit" (one-shot kill).
>
> Should we perhaps try to get below and behind and go for the
> ring-shot?
> -

There's no one shot kill that I know of. Most of them I simply avoided.
Getting all the kills doesn't get you anything ... except braggin
rights. Now if you get all the secrets ...

> -
> Some days, it just isn't worth chewing through the straps.
> -
> -

---
PW

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Pistol Whipped mentioned

>In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Miowarra Tomokatu was heard,
> at about 03/28/2005 12:57 AM, and I could have sworn it said ...
><snip>
>

>> From your headers, I assume that you're in Tampa Bay which I think is
>> in Florida (USA).
>>
>> I'm in Sydney N.S.W (Australia) and as I said in my first message, I
>> really wouldn't expect you to front the parcel postage for that
>> distance, so (reluctantly) I must allow you to re-assign the "prize".
>>

>You sure? I might be able to find another way. At least, getting it
>closer before it's shipped. I work for an international company and I
>should be able to get someone from one of the foreign offices to carry
>it part of the way (I work at HQ)... then ship it. (probably Japan, but
>we may open in India quite soon)

I shall leave it to your discretion after you check out the
possibilities, then.

I really WOULD like the game, (and I shall send you the RL address
shortly) but you decide whether it can be done economically. I thank
you in anticipation and please note that I'm not in a hurry. If it
takes a month or so to sort out and decide that's fine.

All I ask is that, should you decide it's not practicable, please let
me know either here or at the email addy I shall send.
-
-
Some days, it just isn't worth chewing through the straps.
-
-

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Miowarra Tomokatu was heard,
at about 03/30/2005 01:21 AM, and I could have sworn it said ...
<snip>

> I shall leave it to your discretion after you check out the
> possibilities, then.
>
> I really WOULD like the game, (and I shall send you the RL address
> shortly) but you decide whether it can be done economically. I thank
> you in anticipation and please note that I'm not in a hurry. If it
> takes a month or so to sort out and decide that's fine.

I appreciate you telling me that, it may take a few days to know one way
or the other. And it might take a month to actually get it to you, but
the guys from Japan are over here on a regular basis (they must have
*permanent* jet lag by now!)

> All I ask is that, should you decide it's not practicable, please let
> me know either here or at the email addy I shall send.
> -

Oh, I would not leave you hanging. Not my style.
I'll let you know within a week if I can get it done.

---
PW

TRENDING THREADS