zrtech

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I have an ASUS DAV A33, the system shut down unexpectedly and wouldn't turn on. Replaced the PSU and power is restored to the system. Press the power button and the fans start to spin and everything seems to start, but nothing happens. I pulled the RAM out and installed one by one, found a bad stick so I kept that out. When it "boots" all that shows up are green lines. plugged in a a secondary video card and all that does is show some pixels. Any ideas?

popatim

Titan
It sounds like Dav is dead.
Try pulling out all the ram, reseat the processor if its in a socket reapplying new thermal paste while its out, removing the video card, clearing the cmos via jumper or pull the battery, disconnect the HDD and then boot and see if you get any kind of error indicator. If you do you can start replacing things one at a time to try to see which deviceis giving you the issues. Also if you have a voltage meter check the voltages, I'm not sure if this uses standard pc supply voltages; the only spec listed on Asus' site is the OS.

zrtech

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
UPDATE 1: So far, the donor RAM didn't work, BUT I looked at the CPU again, and I found 2 bent pins from when I removed and replaced it to put in the new PSU, and in, trying to bend it back it broke off. I have another AMD 3800+ on the way and I will try that. It's only $20 so if it doesn't work then I'm only out $20.

zrtech

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Final Update: The RAM checked out fine apparently, and the CPU was the culprit. After installing the CPU, re installing all the components, the DVR booted up without a hitch!.