rajthampi

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2012
Hi guys

I have a Windows 7 64bit Box and want to add another internal drive, with minimum 2Tb in size. I have tried out WD Caviar Green WD20EARX and must say, the experience was horrible (my fault, didn't read the details about the drive prior the purchase!)

It is just good for storage as it says, while my requirement was to create virtual machine disks (.vmdk) on the additional drive and to access them continuously! (Oracle E-Biz, rack etc)

Now prior burning my fingers once again, please suggest me few good drives with model numbers if possible which are of minimum 2Tb and best suits for rapid read and write.

I have gone through Seagate, WD, Hitachi makes with 7200rpm speed, and haven't seen much said about installing an OS on these huge drives. (My case .vmdk files will have OS images, which need to be started quick as possible...)

Please help :)

regards,

raj

rajthampi

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2012

:O for the price of that single SDD I will setup another box itself, lol. Well I am testing stuff at home and a moderate read/write enabled hdd with 7200 rpm should do my job. Now I am lost between the offerings!

Possibly I can never ever able to afford the solution you mentioned :)

regards,

raj

rajthampi

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2012

Thank you very much. Actually, I was also making a decision against the model you suggested and was doing a market suvery. Unfortunately, this part of the world where I live, don't give us much choices. If I can't find it in the local market, then I will get it through amazone (the only next option)

Regards and thanks

raj