Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Samsung CD DVD SH-S203/IDBH MODEL PROBLEM

Last response: in Storage
August 8, 2012 1:52:22 PM

I have problem with my dvd writer it cant read anything on dvd or cd .It is recognised by bios it is shown in as D drive , dvd and cd is also spins but there is nothing to display . I tried every trick I came across on forums but no result. I want to tell you that when I connect LGs writer it perfactly works. Then I connect my writer to my friends computer ,same problem .Can anyone find solution for this problem? Is my writer dead of it can be repaired?Please help me as I am not a technocrat but ordinary computer user. Thanks in advance
a c 353 G Storage
August 8, 2012 3:07:48 PM

Based on the price, I'd just buy a New one.
New repacement cost is less than two hours time spent spinning your wheels, and yes it sounds like it is dead.

Only thing I can think of that you may not have tried is using a Lens leaning solution and disk to clean the lazer - But from what you indicted that may also be a waste of money.
Score

Best solution

a b G Storage
August 8, 2012 3:50:51 PM

Yeah, most likely the drive is dead. You can try a lens cleaner usually i'll just blow out any dust that might be inside the drive with an air can (be very careful as air cans can blow out more then just air if used improperly). Drives that are under heavy use usually go out prematurely so keep that in mind. Don't throw out the drive, i suggest bringing it to an electronics recycle center. You may or may not get some money for it but parts can be reused or could be broken down to it's natural state for something else.
Related resources
August 15, 2012 8:55:27 AM

THANKS FOR ANSWERING ACTUALLY I DID CLEANING STUFF BUT IN VAIN. ANY WAYS THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU . I WILL TRY TO BUY NEW ONE. AS YOU SUGGEST IT MUST BE RECYCLE . THAT IS THE MAIN REASON I WANT TO GIVE IT A TRY. BUT EVERY EFFORT OF DOING SEEMS TO VAIN. ALAS IT COULD BE REPAIRED. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Score
August 23, 2012 7:30:40 AM

Best answer selected by shailesh52.
Score
a b G Storage
August 23, 2012 7:57:36 AM

Yep. Well if it can't be used then the next best thing is to recycle. My dad uses parts from the optical drives for projects. I prefer recycling as it could be reused and not end up in a landfill.. :) 
Score
a c 184 G Storage
August 23, 2012 1:34:41 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!