Sign in with
Your question

Drop Box user i need your help

Tags:
  • Storage
  • Video
Last response: in Storage
August 8, 2012 7:15:45 PM

Need help from any Drop Box experience user. Since drop box can create multiple storage acessing folder on different computer. Can i use it to share home video with freind and family ? Like if i put a short clip into my drop box folder then it would show up on my parent drop box folder? I usually have to compress the video file and then upload it to a online storage site, and help them go through the process of dling/unzip..etc etc. Its a pain in the ass.. so clicking on a folder would be much better for them.

I know i should be asking on Drop Box main forum ..but they are currently down atm and this is the only techy-ish forum i frequent. If this doesn't belong here feel free to delete it. Thx in advance for the help.

More about : drop box user

a b G Storage
August 8, 2012 7:20:51 PM

It should just work just fine. Long as you have the folder set up on the site i think the 2nd computer has to go on the website to verify the shared folder.
m
l
August 8, 2012 7:26:32 PM

thx for the quick reply, i'll will try that when i get home from work. Also, a thought occur to me.. wouldn't this service be overun by pirated software? Even if they have some sort of checking system in place.. couln't it become the next rapidshare.
m
l
!