Itel hd vs ATI Radeon HD for autocad and solidworks

jmoffitt48

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hello,
I run autocad revit and solidworks 2010. I was told a dedicated graphics card but alot of computers are coming with the intel hd graphics. Should i stay away from the itels? I do a lot od 3d rederings and 3d scenes. Its not gaming but i wasnt sure if this is about the same thing.

popatim

Titan
solidworks doesnt support anything but the ati Fire series or the nvidia Quadro's. These are workstation cards and can command quite a price for the upper end. The lower end are affordable thou.

Pretty much the same for Revit.

Not that other cards wouldn't work, just not supported.

jmoffitt48

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
thanks all.. I noticed SW changed their page on the cards. It used to show ones that would work but now it doesn't. Trying to get a laptop set up for my wife to work from home.

Jadesdad 62

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Hi ,Im running Atucoad Revit 2010 /2011. I have a new Laptop on order and Im trying to find out the suitability of the Card- looking at the specs it is higher than the Nvidia Quadro I have been quoted from Opposition Laptop suppliers, The Laptop I have ordered is the Asus G73 running the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 VRAM..... Any thoughts ?
Cheers John B