Where to get replacement parts

Seagate Freeagent Pro 9nl6ag-500 500GB External eSATA drive

So spent half an hour searching every number I could find on the I/O controller on the bottom of this unit. Then spent 5 minutes trying to get the little girl at Seagate to understand I want to replace the controller not buy a new Seagate drive...all to no avail.

Does anyone know where i can get the controller for this unit:

Mfg: Seagate
Model: 9NL6AG-500
Serial: 9QF2R9TG

It has a 12v/2A power supply and a Mini-USB data connection.

Drive works fine out of container. My friend plugged in a PS that had too much juice for this little board.

Thanks for any and all assistance.
7 answers Last reply
More about where replacement parts
  1. About the only place will be Seagate, and they may not make it available for sale. The best thing would be to be an external enclosure off Newegg.
  2. I would not fight it.
    It may well be cheaper to buy an external enclosure.
    I have been pleased with the rosewill units.
    Perhaps something like this if you want e-sata:

    Or this if you want to use usb3.0 instead:
  3. To state what these guys are saying plainly. There's nothing special about the adapter or drive. Any powered hard drive enclosure or powered USB to SATA adapter will work. The placement of the connectors is standardized as well, just get the right drive size (2.5" or 3.5")
  4. Well, I guess we really do live in a disposable society, don't just fix the piece that is broken, throw the whole thing away and get another enclosure.

    Thank for the help gentlemen.
  5. An enclosure is an empty adapter without a drive in it; keep the hard drive, it's still a working hard drive. The only wasted material is the plastic shell.
  6. Thanks everyone for your input. I swapped the drive into a new case and left it with that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Controller Seagate Storage Product