Sign in with
Your question

Where to get replacement parts

Last response: in Storage
August 8, 2012 8:20:27 PM

Seagate Freeagent Pro 9nl6ag-500 500GB External eSATA drive

So spent half an hour searching every number I could find on the I/O controller on the bottom of this unit. Then spent 5 minutes trying to get the little girl at Seagate to understand I want to replace the controller not buy a new Seagate drive...all to no avail.

Does anyone know where i can get the controller for this unit:

Mfg: Seagate
Model: 9NL6AG-500
Serial: 9QF2R9TG

It has a 12v/2A power supply and a Mini-USB data connection.

Drive works fine out of container. My friend plugged in a PS that had too much juice for this little board.

Thanks for any and all assistance.

More about : replacement parts

a b G Storage
August 8, 2012 8:29:40 PM

About the only place will be Seagate, and they may not make it available for sale. The best thing would be to be an external enclosure off Newegg.
Related resources
a b G Storage
August 8, 2012 8:44:43 PM

To state what these guys are saying plainly. There's nothing special about the adapter or drive. Any powered hard drive enclosure or powered USB to SATA adapter will work. The placement of the connectors is standardized as well, just get the right drive size (2.5" or 3.5")
August 8, 2012 8:49:42 PM

Well, I guess we really do live in a disposable society, don't just fix the piece that is broken, throw the whole thing away and get another enclosure.

Thank for the help gentlemen.
a b G Storage
August 8, 2012 8:59:12 PM

An enclosure is an empty adapter without a drive in it; keep the hard drive, it's still a working hard drive. The only wasted material is the plastic shell.
August 18, 2012 5:23:55 PM

Thanks everyone for your input. I swapped the drive into a new case and left it with that.
!