UnderdogCrusader1202

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
Okay, so I might be upgrading my motherboard/CPU soon. I'm looking for a gaming CPU, it doesn't need to be the best top of the line processor but I would like one that could perform well for years to come. Now I prefer AMD over Intel due to various reasons the main one being I've had a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+(Windsor? if I'm not mistaken) for a while now and it's never done me wrong.

Alright so as for price range Mobo and CPU I really don't want to go above $500.

I know I'll need new RAM a new PSU, GPU and mostly everything else but right now I would rather just focus on a Good mid-high range Gaming CPU with mobo preferably AMD(I will be glad to take Intel suggestions because all help/suggestions are very much appreciated.).

So any help, suggestions, tips and whatever else will be welcomed and appreciated.

Great Thanks.

I think if you go Intel the i5 760 is the only 1 worth getting, anything more expensive doesn't give much performance gain and anything cheaper AMD are better value as are the motherboards. The i5 ids better than the 965 butn it does cost a bit more and you get so much more for your money on an AMD board even on a cheap one.