Game Developers Conference 2011: Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Very Very Interesting...........lets hope this brings more and more good games :D.
I also do liked that WOW disease thing its really real world like.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Now that we can have easily enough have 10-bit hardware on our gaming machines, it would be awesome if game devs and others would make the software to keep up.

(For those who want to argue that we can't see a billion colors, look up color gamut, sRGB and AdobeRGB, and get to know what a color space diagram shows. I also suggest this article:

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm

which will give you some idea about what the human eye can see, and why people have different ideas about the limitations.)

;)

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]sudeshc[/nom]I also do liked that WOW disease thing its really real world like.[/citation]

WOW is a disease. Symptoms include lack of social skills, greasy hair, muscle atrophy, sunlight aversions, and.....increased instances of hot girls avoiding you like the plague. ;)

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
The only thing I want to hear from Microsoft is that they are getting rid of "Games For Windows Live". I am tired of buying a game and having to go through all that crap before I can play it.

drudometkin

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
[citation][nom]rawoysters[/nom]The only thing I want to hear from Microsoft is that they are getting rid of "Games For Windows Live". I am tired of buying a game and having to go through all that crap before I can play it.[/citation]

Such as? Logging in one time at installation for XBL? What is all the crap you have to go through?

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
"Such as? Logging in one time at installation for XBL? What is all the crap you have to go through? "
3rd party software that I am blackmailed to use even though I have no interest in it whatsoever. I pay big money for games and I don't expect to have to install software on my computer that I DON'T want in order to play it. It's like buying a new car and having to sign in with "Mobil" or "Shell" before I drive it each time.

hurfburf

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]rawoysters[/nom]"Such as? Logging in one time at installation for XBL? What is all the crap you have to go through? " 3rd party software that I am blackmailed to use even though I have no interest in it whatsoever. I pay big money for games and I don't expect to have to install software on my computer that I DON'T want in order to play it. It's like buying a new car and having to sign in with "Mobil" or "Shell" before I drive it each time.[/citation]

Ah, so the same nonsense people say about Steam, then? Got it, thanks.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

So then how does having another program that's not part of the game help anyone? Why can't Steam just have you create an account to keep track of the games' licenses and then download the ones you buy? Why does a PROGRAM (that's again, not the game) have to be installed on your computer, or you can't play (nor even buy)?

Status
Not open for further replies.