Duncan
--
www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk
www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/rogues
www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/maps
www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/chat
38 answers Last reply
More about unfinished business said
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Guess what? I did it!!
    >
    > http://www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/tomb/tomb.htm
    >
    > Woohoo!!!! :-)
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    I'll second that "Woohoo"!!! lol

    Ms T
    ever changing calm
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Guess what? I did it!!
    >
    > http://www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/tomb/tomb.htm
    >
    > Woohoo!!!! :-)
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    Congrats man! Hm. Now you're ready for PW's "Deadly Sands" challenge!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    > "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Guess what? I did it!!
    >>
    >> http://www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/tomb/tomb.htm
    >>
    >> Woohoo!!!! :-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Duncan
    >
    > Congrats man! Hm. Now you're ready for PW's "Deadly Sands"
    > challenge!

    You mean theres more?!?!?!?!

    Duncan
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...
    >
    >> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> Guess what? I did it!!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/tomb/tomb.htm
    >>>
    >>> Woohoo!!!! :-)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Duncan
    >>
    >> Congrats man! Hm. Now you're ready for PW's "Deadly Sands"
    >> challenge!
    >
    > You mean theres more?!?!?!?!
    >
    > Duncan

    Oh it's just something to do in the Egyptian (Shadow of the Cat) part of
    the UB levels. :)
    Interested?
    McG.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    > "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...
    >>
    >>> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    >>> Congrats man! Hm. Now you're ready for PW's "Deadly Sands"
    >>> challenge!
    >>
    >> You mean theres more?!?!?!?!
    >>
    >> Duncan
    >
    > Oh it's just something to do in the Egyptian (Shadow of the Cat) part
    > of the UB levels. :)
    > Interested?

    Sure!!

    I thought the challange was getting out into the sands and finding the uzis
    and zapping the couple of zombie things? Theres more to it than that?

    > McG.

    Duncan
    Whos also been clambering about ON TOP of the Temple of the Cat in the
    spirit of going places we shouldn't
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...
    >
    >> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    >>> You mean theres more?!?!?!?!
    >>>
    >>> Duncan
    >>
    >> Oh it's just something to do in the Egyptian (Shadow of the Cat) part
    >> of the UB levels. :)
    >> Interested?
    >
    > Sure!!
    >
    > I thought the challange was getting out into the sands and finding
    > the uzis and zapping the couple of zombie things? Theres more to it
    > than that?
    >
    >> McG.
    >
    > Duncan
    > Whos also been clambering about ON TOP of the Temple of the Cat in the
    > spirit of going places we shouldn't

    Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)

    Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not supposed
    to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat mummy and
    then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But you'll find
    deadly sands all around Lara.
    We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking it's a
    mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW, Gary?
    McG.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Thunderchief" wrote:
    >> There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    >>> Oh it's just something to do in the Egyptian (Shadow of the Cat) part
    >>> of the UB levels. :)
    >>> Interested?
    >>
    >> Sure!!
    >>
    >> I thought the challange was getting out into the sands and finding
    >> the uzis and zapping the couple of zombie things? Theres more to it
    >> than that?
    >>
    >>> McG.
    >>
    >> Duncan
    >> Whos also been clambering about ON TOP of the Temple of the Cat in the
    >> spirit of going places we shouldn't
    >
    > Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >
    > Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not supposed
    > to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat mummy and
    > then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But you'll find
    > deadly sands all around Lara.
    > We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    > treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking it's a
    > mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    > might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW, Gary?
    > McG.

    Man youse have a wicked memory!! lol

    --
    Ms T
    ever changing calm

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from McGrandpa was heard, at
    about 03/31/2005 07:57 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    <snip>>

    > Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >
    > Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not supposed
    > to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat mummy and
    > then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But you'll find
    > deadly sands all around Lara.
    > We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    > treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking it's a
    > mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    > might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW, Gary?
    > McG.

    Actually, Duncan, you covered *almost* everything in the deadly sands.

    (a) There is one farther spot you can get to beyond that "cat block" you
    were standing on. You'll know you're there when you "have your nose on
    the stars" :)

    (b) There is some desolate territory out beyond and to the right
    (standing outside the fence with the uzi pool to your left)

    Neither is much more than you've already done, so I doubt its worth the
    time to go back. It's just that McG is right, I thought I saw something
    beyond and to the left of the exit (as you face it from the bridge).
    But I never found a safe path out there. I found the way out to the
    "cat block" (and a bit beyond) trying to work my way around the edge of
    the level to that mirage.

    Temple of the Cat:

    Getting on top of the pyramid ... child's play ... but still cool to
    stand floating in mid air looking *through* the walls.

    Assuming you live long enough (that was a *deadly* level), you need to
    get on top of the large pillar to the left as you stand at the big doors
    in the pyramid and look out over the pool. That one took me a *while*
    to accomplish.

    ---
    PW
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    > "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...
    >>
    >>> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    >>> Oh it's just something to do in the Egyptian (Shadow of the Cat)
    >>> part of the UB levels. :)
    >>> Interested?
    >>
    >> Sure!!
    >>
    >> I thought the challange was getting out into the sands and finding
    >> the uzis and zapping the couple of zombie things? Theres more to it
    >> than that?
    >>
    >>> McG.
    >>
    >> Duncan
    >> Whos also been clambering about ON TOP of the Temple of the Cat in
    >> the spirit of going places we shouldn't
    >
    > Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >
    > Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not supposed
    > to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat mummy and
    > then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But you'll find
    > deadly sands all around Lara.
    > We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    > treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking it's a
    > mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    > might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW, Gary?

    Dude!! Click on my link! Theres piccies from ALL around that area!!!!

    http://www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/tomb/tomb.htm

    > McG.

    Duncan
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when Pistol Whipped said...

    > In the dead of night, a faint whisper from McGrandpa was heard, at
    > about 03/31/2005 07:57 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > <snip>>
    >>
    >> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >>
    >> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    >> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    >> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    >> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.
    >> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    >> treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking it's a
    >> mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    >> might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW,
    >> Gary? McG.
    >>

    > Actually, Duncan, you covered *almost* everything in the deadly sands.
    >
    > (a) There is one farther spot you can get to beyond that "cat block"
    > you were standing on. You'll know you're there when you "have your
    > nose on the stars" :)
    >
    > (b) There is some desolate territory out beyond and to the right
    > (standing outside the fence with the uzi pool to your left)
    >
    > Neither is much more than you've already done, so I doubt its worth
    > the time to go back. It's just that McG is right, I thought I saw
    > something beyond and to the left of the exit (as you face it from
    > the bridge). But I never found a safe path out there. I found the
    > way out to the "cat block" (and a bit beyond) trying to work my way
    > around the edge of the level to that mirage.

    Mmmm.....I think I still got my save for that. I'll go and have another
    look....

    > Temple of the Cat:
    >
    > Getting on top of the pyramid ... child's play ... but still cool to
    > stand floating in mid air looking *through* the walls.

    Jumping back down from the top of there was kinda fraught with "WAAAGH!!!"

    > Assuming you live long enough (that was a *deadly* level), you need to
    > get on top of the large pillar to the left as you stand at the big
    > doors in the pyramid and look out over the pool. That one took me a
    > *while* to accomplish.

    Thats even possible?!?! Jeeez!!!!

    > ---
    > PW

    Duncan
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > There I was, minding my own business, when Pistol Whipped said...
    >
    >> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from McGrandpa was heard, at
    >> about 03/31/2005 07:57 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    >> <snip>>
    >>>
    >>> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >>>
    >>> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    >>> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    >>> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    >>> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.
    >>> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and
    >>> some treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking
    >>> it's a mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you
    >>> think. You might end up getting the rest of us back out there :)
    >>> Right PW, Gary? McG.
    >>>

    >> Actually, Duncan, you covered *almost* everything in the deadly
    >> sands.
    >>
    >> (a) There is one farther spot you can get to beyond that "cat block"
    >> you were standing on. You'll know you're there when you "have your
    >> nose on the stars" :)
    >>
    >> (b) There is some desolate territory out beyond and to the right
    >> (standing outside the fence with the uzi pool to your left)
    >>
    >> Neither is much more than you've already done, so I doubt its worth
    >> the time to go back. It's just that McG is right, I thought I saw
    >> something beyond and to the left of the exit (as you face it from
    >> the bridge). But I never found a safe path out there. I found the
    >> way out to the "cat block" (and a bit beyond) trying to work my way
    >> around the edge of the level to that mirage.
    >
    > Mmmm.....I think I still got my save for that. I'll go and have
    > another look....
    >

    >> Temple of the Cat:
    >>
    >> Getting on top of the pyramid ... child's play ... but still cool to
    >> stand floating in mid air looking *through* the walls.
    >
    > Jumping back down from the top of there was kinda fraught with
    > "WAAAGH!!!"
    >

    >> Assuming you live long enough (that was a *deadly* level), you need
    >> to get on top of the large pillar to the left as you stand at the big
    >> doors in the pyramid and look out over the pool. That one took me a
    >> *while* to accomplish.
    >
    > Thats even possible?!?! Jeeez!!!!

    It's not easy, but it *IS* possible :)
    McG.

    >> ---
    >> PW
    >
    > Duncan
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...
    >
    >> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    >>> Sure!!
    >>>
    >>> I thought the challange was getting out into the sands and finding
    >>> the uzis and zapping the couple of zombie things? Theres more to it
    >>> than that?

    >>> Duncan
    >>> Whos also been clambering about ON TOP of the Temple of the Cat in
    >>> the spirit of going places we shouldn't
    >>
    >> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >>
    >> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    >> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    >> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    >> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.
    >> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    >> treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking it's a
    >> mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    >> might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW,
    >> Gary?
    >
    > Dude!! Click on my link! Theres piccies from ALL around that area!!!!
    >
    > http://www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/tomb/tomb.htm
    >

    >> McG.
    >
    > Duncan

    Wow, looks just like some of our posts from the deadly sands challenge.
    You've already done the stuff PW was talking about :) Good Job Duncan
    [hands him a medal, pumps his hand vigorously, salutes him!]
    In the 4th pic (2nd from top on right) you can see what I think is what
    we were thinking was that 'oasis'.
    Oh right, there *were* 3 black panthers out there. Or there appeared to
    be. I got two. I think we got to figureing you could only GET two and
    the third was then un-doable?
    I see ya got up on top with that cat-block too. You thought there
    shoulda been some kinda pickups up there, I think we did too ;) I don't
    see the two dead-again cat mummies laying around, did you get them?
    Those Uzis are useful out there :)
    We really did the deadly sands thing cause it was fun :) And it looked
    like there coulda been something more out there. But appearances are
    deceiving sometimes. Part of the fun was that there were a few of us
    checking it out together. Closest you can get to multiplayer in
    Tombraider :)
    McG.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Ms T" <anthropoid@humanlike.not> wrote in message
    >> "Thunderchief" wrote:
    >>> There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    >>> Sure!!
    >>>
    >>> I thought the challange was getting out into the sands and finding
    >>> the uzis and zapping the couple of zombie things? Theres more to it
    >>> than that?

    >>> Duncan
    >>> Whos also been clambering about ON TOP of the Temple of the Cat in
    >>> the spirit of going places we shouldn't
    >>
    >> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >>
    >> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    >> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    >> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    >> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.
    >> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    >> treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking it's a
    >> mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    >> might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW,
    >> Gary? McG.
    >
    > Man youse have a wicked memory!! lol

    It's the Folgers :)
    McG.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when Ms T said...

    >> Guess what? I did it!!
    >>
    >> http://www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/tomb/tomb.htm
    >>
    >> Woohoo!!!! :-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Duncan
    >
    > I'll second that "Woohoo"!!! lol

    Hehehehehe! THank you! ;-)

    > Ms T
    > ever changing calm

    Duncan
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...
    > >
    > >> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > >> Oh it's just something to do in the Egyptian (Shadow of the Cat) part
    > >> of the UB levels. :)
    > >> Interested?
    > >
    > > Sure!!
    > >
    > > I thought the challange was getting out into the sands and finding
    > > the uzis and zapping the couple of zombie things? Theres more to it
    > > than that?
    > >
    > >> McG.
    > >
    > > Duncan
    > > Whos also been clambering about ON TOP of the Temple of the Cat in the
    > > spirit of going places we shouldn't
    >
    > Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)

    Are we talking about the corner bug? ;) Or have you found a
    "legitimate" way of getting up there?

    > Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not supposed
    > to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat mummy and
    > then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But you'll find
    > deadly sands all around Lara.
    > We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    > treasures (pickups, health, ammo).

    There are! Remember that pond out there?

    > Then we get to thinking it's a
    > mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    > might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW, Gary?
    > McG.

    Oh yeah, some of us spent a fair amount of time exploring that area. :)

    It seems you can get within around 10 or 15 squares of the outer
    boundary (if memory serves) before you hit any of the deadly sands,
    but there are exceptions (you can get right up against the boundary
    in some spots), and that still leaves much to be explored. You can
    get around the temple on the west side (I've always thought of the
    temple exit as north for some reason--so you'd ultimately go out and
    left (west) to get to the exit). There are some blocks out there you
    can just barely reach. And you can get a better view of the pyramid
    out there.

    Of course, the main thing is getting out there *legally*. That is,
    not using the fence bug. It can be done with a fancy jump near the
    exit, but you have to do one of those physics-defying turn-in-mid-air
    maneuvers, which feels to me just like using the fence bug. There's
    this trench you run through to get to the exit. Some say you can
    jump and climb over the ridge at one spot there, but I've never done it.

    -- G
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    >>> Sure!!
    >>>
    >>> I thought the challange was getting out into the sands and finding
    >>> the uzis and zapping the couple of zombie things? Theres more to it
    >>> than that?

    >>> Duncan
    >>> Whos also been clambering about ON TOP of the Temple of the Cat in
    >>> the spirit of going places we shouldn't
    >>
    >> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >
    > Are we talking about the corner bug? ;) Or have you found a
    > "legitimate" way of getting up there?
    >
    >> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    >> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    >> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    >> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.
    >> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    >> treasures (pickups, health, ammo).
    >
    > There are! Remember that pond out there?
    >
    >> Then we get to thinking it's a
    >> mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    >> might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW,
    >> Gary? McG.
    >
    > Oh yeah, some of us spent a fair amount of time exploring that area.
    > :)
    >
    > It seems you can get within around 10 or 15 squares of the outer
    > boundary (if memory serves) before you hit any of the deadly sands,
    > but there are exceptions (you can get right up against the boundary
    > in some spots), and that still leaves much to be explored. You can
    > get around the temple on the west side (I've always thought of the
    > temple exit as north for some reason--so you'd ultimately go out and
    > left (west) to get to the exit). There are some blocks out there you
    > can just barely reach. And you can get a better view of the pyramid
    > out there.
    >
    > Of course, the main thing is getting out there *legally*. That is,
    > not using the fence bug. It can be done with a fancy jump near the
    > exit, but you have to do one of those physics-defying turn-in-mid-air
    > maneuvers, which feels to me just like using the fence bug. There's
    > this trench you run through to get to the exit. Some say you can
    > jump and climb over the ridge at one spot there, but I've never done
    > it.
    >
    > -- G

    I thought either you or PW had found a block with fence on both sides
    you could flip onto and just walk out there? And another place you can
    literally just walk out there? I recall finding it by swan diving into
    the base of the fence at a texture joint. Lara just pops up on the
    other side :) And there's the ridge. That's a low block jump I think.
    It's also where you meet the cat mummies :) The other side of the ridge
    drops into sort of a road or trough like. The fact there ARE things out
    there says to me that it is expected we will at least make a show up in
    the area!
    I recall now. It all started with that talk on 'easter eggs' and 'the
    dopefish' . Ha!
    McG.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    <a little light snipping...>

    >> Dude!! Click on my link! Theres piccies from ALL around that area!!!!
    >>
    >> http://www.thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk/tomb/tomb.htm
    >>

    >>> McG.
    >>
    >> Duncan
    >
    > Wow, looks just like some of our posts from the deadly sands
    > challenge. You've already done the stuff PW was talking about :)
    > Good Job Duncan [hands him a medal, pumps his hand vigorously,
    > salutes him!]

    Woohoo!! ;-)

    > In the 4th pic (2nd from top on right) you can see what I think is
    > what we were thinking was that 'oasis'.
    > Oh right, there *were* 3 black panthers out there. Or there appeared
    > to be. I got two. I think we got to figureing you could only GET
    > two and the third was then un-doable?

    I got...<thinks hard> 2, IIRC. I think the one I got near where I snuck
    in, was a real fluke shot from the legit side of the fence.

    > I see ya got up on top with that cat-block too. You thought there
    > shoulda been some kinda pickups up there, I think we did too ;) I
    > don't see the two dead-again cat mummies laying around, did you get
    > them? Those Uzis are useful out there :)

    Wasn't there 3? Mmm....Possibly only 2, one of 'em really liked to hug the
    'stars' way over on the opposite side to the exit. Damn pesky running about
    thing...

    > We really did the deadly sands thing cause it was fun :) And it
    > looked like there coulda been something more out there. But
    > appearances are deceiving sometimes. Part of the fun was that there
    > were a few of us checking it out together. Closest you can get to
    > multiplayer in Tombraider :)
    > McG.

    :-)
    Duncan
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when Gary Mitchell said...

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> There I was, minding my own business, when McGrandpa said...

    >>> Sure!!
    >>>
    >>> I thought the challange was getting out into the sands and finding
    >>> the uzis and zapping the couple of zombie things? Theres more to it
    >>> than that?

    >>> Duncan
    >>> Whos also been clambering about ON TOP of the Temple of the Cat in
    >>> the spirit of going places we shouldn't
    >>
    >> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >
    > Are we talking about the corner bug? ;) Or have you found a
    > "legitimate" way of getting up there?

    Heh. That corner bug...I've never got that to work. I guess it was a
    variation of the bug, which I *was* trying to get to work, but then I just
    slipped through the fence where the textures meet, 1 square to the left of
    the corner.

    >> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    >> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    >> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    >> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.

    >> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    >> treasures (pickups, health, ammo).
    >
    > There are! Remember that pond out there?
    >
    >> Then we get to thinking it's a
    >> mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    >> might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW,
    >> Gary? McG.
    >
    > Oh yeah, some of us spent a fair amount of time exploring that area.
    > :)
    >
    > It seems you can get within around 10 or 15 squares of the outer
    > boundary (if memory serves) before you hit any of the deadly sands,
    > but there are exceptions (you can get right up against the boundary
    > in some spots), and that still leaves much to be explored. You can
    > get around the temple on the west side (I've always thought of the
    > temple exit as north for some reason--so you'd ultimately go out and
    > left (west) to get to the exit). There are some blocks out there you
    > can just barely reach. And you can get a better view of the pyramid
    > out there.

    > Of course, the main thing is getting out there *legally*. That is,
    > not using the fence bug. It can be done with a fancy jump near the
    > exit, but you have to do one of those physics-defying turn-in-mid-air
    > maneuvers, which feels to me just like using the fence bug.

    I got over to the 'temple' from the bridge near the exit. I couldn't find a
    way through the dunes (near the 'pyramids') without dying.

    > There's
    > this trench you run through to get to the exit. Some say you can
    > jump and climb over the ridge at one spot there, but I've never done
    > it.

    Tell you what, though....even now with loads of ammo, I've not used my Uzis
    yet! :-)

    > -- G

    Duncan
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Ms T" <anthropoid@humanlike.not> wrote in message

    >>> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >>>
    >>> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    >>> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    >>> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    >>> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.
    >>> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    >>> treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking it's a
    >>> mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    >>> might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW,
    >>> Gary? McG.
    >>
    >> Man youse have a wicked memory!! lol
    >
    > It's the Folgers :)
    > McG.

    <snerk> If you say so. lol ;)

    --
    Ms T
    ever changing calm

    > There I was, minding my own business, when Pistol Whipped said...
    >
    >> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from McGrandpa was heard, at
    >> about 03/31/2005 07:57 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    >> <snip>>
    >>>
    >>> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    >>>
    >>> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    >>> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    >>> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    >>> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.
    >>> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    >>> treasures (pickups, health, ammo). Then we get to thinking it's a
    >>> mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    >>> might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW,
    >>> Gary? McG.
    >>>

    >> Actually, Duncan, you covered *almost* everything in the deadly sands.
    >>
    >> (a) There is one farther spot you can get to beyond that "cat block"
    >> you were standing on. You'll know you're there when you "have your
    >> nose on the stars" :)
    >>
    >> (b) There is some desolate territory out beyond and to the right
    >> (standing outside the fence with the uzi pool to your left)
    >>
    >> Neither is much more than you've already done, so I doubt its worth
    >> the time to go back. It's just that McG is right, I thought I saw
    >> something beyond and to the left of the exit (as you face it from
    >> the bridge). But I never found a safe path out there. I found the
    >> way out to the "cat block" (and a bit beyond) trying to work my way
    >> around the edge of the level to that mirage.
    >
    > Mmmm.....I think I still got my save for that. I'll go and have another
    > look....
    >

    >> Temple of the Cat:
    >>
    >> Getting on top of the pyramid ... child's play ... but still cool to
    >> stand floating in mid air looking *through* the walls.
    >
    > Jumping back down from the top of there was kinda fraught with "WAAAGH!!!"
    >

    >> Assuming you live long enough (that was a *deadly* level), you need to
    >> get on top of the large pillar to the left as you stand at the big
    >> doors in the pyramid and look out over the pool. That one took me a
    >> *while* to accomplish.
    >
    > Thats even possible?!?! Jeeez!!!!

    <eagerly awaiting reply> lol

    --
    Ms T
    ever changing calm

    Thunderchief wrote:

    > There I was, minding my own business, when Gary Mitchell said...
    >
    > > McGrandpa wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > >> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    > >
    > > Are we talking about the corner bug? ;) Or have you found a
    > > "legitimate" way of getting up there?
    >
    > Heh. That corner bug...I've never got that to work.

    Really? It can be a little tricky to position Lara just right,
    but it's not that hard. Once you've done it a couple of times,
    it's fairly easy. (I presume you've already read how to do it.)

    The first time I tried it was at Lara's house... and went running
    around all over the roof. :) I tried to use it in Highland Fling
    (TR LA) to get into Nessy's ocean (jumping from the corner of the
    castle tower), but never could manage to get out there without using
    a position editor.

    -- G

    > I guess it was a
    > variation of the bug, which I *was* trying to get to work, but then I just
    > slipped through the fence where the textures meet, 1 square to the left of
    > the corner.
    >

    > >> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    > >> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    > >> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    > >> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.
    >
    > >> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    > >> treasures (pickups, health, ammo).
    > >
    > > There are! Remember that pond out there?
    > >
    > >> Then we get to thinking it's a
    > >> mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    > >> might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW,
    > >> Gary? McG.
    > >
    > > Oh yeah, some of us spent a fair amount of time exploring that area.
    > > :)
    > >
    > > It seems you can get within around 10 or 15 squares of the outer
    > > boundary (if memory serves) before you hit any of the deadly sands,
    > > but there are exceptions (you can get right up against the boundary
    > > in some spots), and that still leaves much to be explored. You can
    > > get around the temple on the west side (I've always thought of the
    > > temple exit as north for some reason--so you'd ultimately go out and
    > > left (west) to get to the exit). There are some blocks out there you
    > > can just barely reach. And you can get a better view of the pyramid
    > > out there.
    >
    > > Of course, the main thing is getting out there *legally*. That is,
    > > not using the fence bug. It can be done with a fancy jump near the
    > > exit, but you have to do one of those physics-defying turn-in-mid-air
    > > maneuvers, which feels to me just like using the fence bug.
    >
    > I got over to the 'temple' from the bridge near the exit. I couldn't find a
    > way through the dunes (near the 'pyramids') without dying.
    >
    > > There's
    > > this trench you run through to get to the exit. Some say you can
    > > jump and climb over the ridge at one spot there, but I've never done
    > > it.
    >
    > Tell you what, though....even now with loads of ammo, I've not used my Uzis
    > yet! :-)
    >

    > > -- G
    >
    > Duncan
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Thunderchief wrote:
    >> There I was, minding my own business, when Gary Mitchell said...

    >>> Are we talking about the corner bug? ;) Or have you found a
    >>> "legitimate" way of getting up there?
    >>
    >> Heh. That corner bug...I've never got that to work.
    >
    > Really? It can be a little tricky to position Lara just right,
    > but it's not that hard. Once you've done it a couple of times,
    > it's fairly easy. (I presume you've already read how to do it.)
    >
    > The first time I tried it was at Lara's house... and went running
    > around all over the roof. :) I tried to use it in Highland Fling
    > (TR LA) to get into Nessy's ocean (jumping from the corner of the
    > castle tower), but never could manage to get out there without using
    > a position editor.
    >
    > -- G

    I had the same experience as G man states above. What platform are you
    using? I recall way back when /some/ folks were not able to make that "bug"
    work for them but don't recall the circumstances now.

    >> I guess it was a
    >> variation of the bug, which I *was* trying to get to work, but then I
    >> just slipped through the fence where the textures meet, 1 square to the
    >> left of the corner.

    Cool! lol

    >>> There are! Remember that pond out there?

    >>> Oh yeah, some of us spent a fair amount of time exploring that area.
    >>> :)
    >>>
    >>> It seems you can get within around 10 or 15 squares of the outer
    >>> boundary (if memory serves) before you hit any of the deadly sands,
    >>> but there are exceptions (you can get right up against the boundary
    >>> in some spots), and that still leaves much to be explored. You can
    >>> get around the temple on the west side (I've always thought of the
    >>> temple exit as north for some reason--so you'd ultimately go out and
    >>> left (west) to get to the exit). There are some blocks out there you
    >>> can just barely reach. And you can get a better view of the pyramid
    >>> out there.
    >>
    >>> Of course, the main thing is getting out there *legally*. That is,
    >>> not using the fence bug. It can be done with a fancy jump near the
    >>> exit, but you have to do one of those physics-defying turn-in-mid-air
    >>> maneuvers, which feels to me just like using the fence bug.
    >>
    >> I got over to the 'temple' from the bridge near the exit. I couldn't
    >> find a way through the dunes (near the 'pyramids') without dying.
    >>
    >>> There's this trench you run through to get to the exit. Some say you
    >>> can jump and climb over the ridge at one spot there, but I've never
    >>> done it.
    >>
    >> Tell you what, though....even now with loads of ammo, I've not used my
    >> Uzis yet! :-)
    >>

    >>> -- G
    >>
    >> Duncan
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > > McGrandpa wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > >> Now THAT is what I'm talking about :)
    > >
    > > Are we talking about the corner bug? ;) Or have you found a
    > > "legitimate" way of getting up there?
    > >
    > >> Yep, out in the sand dunes, beyond the fences where we're not
    > >> supposed to go.... know that bridge ya gotta cross to get to the cat
    > >> mummy and then exit? You'll be down around the base of that :) But
    > >> you'll find deadly sands all around Lara.
    > >> We used to think there was this little oasis like out there, and some
    > >> treasures (pickups, health, ammo).
    > >
    > > There are! Remember that pond out there?
    > >
    > >> Then we get to thinking it's a
    > >> mirage, or optical illusion. You go and tell us what you think. You
    > >> might end up getting the rest of us back out there :) Right PW,
    > >> Gary? McG.
    > >
    > > Oh yeah, some of us spent a fair amount of time exploring that area.
    > > :)
    > >
    > > It seems you can get within around 10 or 15 squares of the outer
    > > boundary (if memory serves) before you hit any of the deadly sands,
    > > but there are exceptions (you can get right up against the boundary
    > > in some spots), and that still leaves much to be explored. You can
    > > get around the temple on the west side (I've always thought of the
    > > temple exit as north for some reason--so you'd ultimately go out and
    > > left (west) to get to the exit). There are some blocks out there you
    > > can just barely reach. And you can get a better view of the pyramid
    > > out there.
    > >
    > > Of course, the main thing is getting out there *legally*. That is,
    > > not using the fence bug. It can be done with a fancy jump near the
    > > exit, but you have to do one of those physics-defying turn-in-mid-air
    > > maneuvers, which feels to me just like using the fence bug. There's
    > > this trench you run through to get to the exit. Some say you can
    > > jump and climb over the ridge at one spot there, but I've never done
    > > it.
    > >
    > > -- G
    >
    > I thought either you or PW had found a block with fence on both sides
    > you could flip onto and just walk out there?

    Aside from the fence bug, I don't recall that.

    > And another place you can
    > literally just walk out there? I recall finding it by swan diving into
    > the base of the fence at a texture joint. Lara just pops up on the
    > other side :)

    That's the fence bug. You don't have to do any diving, just run at the
    point where the fence meets the block. If you hit that point just right,
    Lara simply runs on through.

    I have a hypothesis on that... Lara is really only a slender cylinder.
    That's how parts of her body can get into walls (like when you do the
    corner bug). That "Lara cylinder" is narrow enough to go through the
    gap between the fence and the block. It may be that there many other
    gaps we could go through.

    > And there's the ridge. That's a low block jump I think.
    > It's also where you meet the cat mummies :) The other side of the ridge
    > drops into sort of a road or trough like.

    I think it was you who originally talked about there being a way
    along in that area somewhere, but I've never found it. I remember
    at The Crash Site, there is one spot where you can climb up on the
    airplane. Is it something like that?

    > The fact there ARE things out
    > there says to me that it is expected we will at least make a show up in
    > the area!

    I always though that we were supposed to go out there--originally,
    but they weren't able to finish (time pressure or whatever), and so
    just closed it off. I understand they did a *lot* of that in TRAoD.

    -- G

    > I recall now. It all started with that talk on 'easter eggs' and 'the
    > dopefish' . Ha!
    > McG.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

    >>> Are we talking about the corner bug? ;) Or have you found a
    >>> "legitimate" way of getting up there?

    >>> There are! Remember that pond out there?

    >>> Oh yeah, some of us spent a fair amount of time exploring that area.
    >>> :)
    >>>
    >>> It seems you can get within around 10 or 15 squares of the outer
    >>> boundary (if memory serves) before you hit any of the deadly sands,
    >>> but there are exceptions (you can get right up against the boundary
    >>> in some spots), and that still leaves much to be explored. You can
    >>> get around the temple on the west side (I've always thought of the
    >>> temple exit as north for some reason--so you'd ultimately go out and
    >>> left (west) to get to the exit). There are some blocks out there
    >>> you can just barely reach. And you can get a better view of the
    >>> pyramid out there.
    >>>
    >>> Of course, the main thing is getting out there *legally*. That is,
    >>> not using the fence bug. It can be done with a fancy jump near the
    >>> exit, but you have to do one of those physics-defying
    >>> turn-in-mid-air maneuvers, which feels to me just like using the
    >>> fence bug. There's this trench you run through to get to the exit.
    >>> Some say you can jump and climb over the ridge at one spot there,
    >>> but I've never done it.
    >>>
    >>> -- G
    >>
    >> I thought either you or PW had found a block with fence on both sides
    >> you could flip onto and just walk out there?
    >
    > Aside from the fence bug, I don't recall that.
    >
    >> And another place you can
    >> literally just walk out there? I recall finding it by swan diving
    >> into the base of the fence at a texture joint. Lara just pops up on
    >> the other side :)
    >
    > That's the fence bug. You don't have to do any diving, just run at
    > the point where the fence meets the block. If you hit that point
    > just right, Lara simply runs on through.

    I misworded that. I thought there was literally a gap in the fence out
    to the sand. It's probably to a 2nd fenced area though.

    > I have a hypothesis on that... Lara is really only a slender
    > cylinder. That's how parts of her body can get into walls (like when
    > you do the corner bug). That "Lara cylinder" is narrow enough to go
    > through the gap between the fence and the block. It may be that
    > there many other gaps we could go through.

    Oh right, like a "hit box" in lots of other games, kinda defines point
    of collision. Laras IS rather narrow compared to the visible whole of
    the model.

    >> And there's the ridge. That's a low block jump I think.
    >> It's also where you meet the cat mummies :) The other side of the
    >> ridge drops into sort of a road or trough like.
    >
    > I think it was you who originally talked about there being a way
    > along in that area somewhere, but I've never found it. I remember
    > at The Crash Site, there is one spot where you can climb up on the
    > airplane. Is it something like that?

    Well, it looks like a road to me. Maybe they used it as the way to drag
    all those blocks up to build the structures :) The ridges start low,
    and get higher. If you start your run on top of the ridge its how you
    get atop that low block PW talks about. Its how I got there anyway.

    >> The fact there ARE things out
    >> there says to me that it is expected we will at least make a show up
    >> in the area!
    >
    > I always though that we were supposed to go out there--originally,
    > but they weren't able to finish (time pressure or whatever), and so
    > just closed it off. I understand they did a *lot* of that in TRAoD.

    Using the fly cheat in AoD, you can see there is a lot of stuff there
    you can't get to in-game. Just closed off to us. But, lots of stuff is
    still there, unused. I've flown in, stopped the cheat, run around a
    couple of those areas. Everything went fine until Lara went through an
    exit point, and the game crashed of course. Script ended abruptly with
    noplace to go next.
    But the Deadly Sands areas, maybe they just didn't remember to close it
    all off properly.
    McG.

    > -- G
    >
    >> I recall now. It all started with that talk on 'easter eggs' and
    >> 'the dopefish' . Ha!
    >> McG.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when Gary Mitchell said...

    <snippage>

    >> Heh. That corner bug...I've never got that to work.
    >
    > Really? It can be a little tricky to position Lara just right,
    > but it's not that hard. Once you've done it a couple of times,
    > it's fairly easy. (I presume you've already read how to do it.)

    Pretty lame, uh? Especially after the HOURS AND HOURS!!! I've spent playing
    the game!

    > The first time I tried it was at Lara's house... and went running
    > around all over the roof. :) I tried to use it in Highland Fling
    > (TR LA) to get into Nessy's ocean (jumping from the corner of the
    > castle tower), but never could manage to get out there without using
    > a position editor.
    >
    > -- G

    I might well give it another go, though, just for the sake of it ;-)

    Duncan
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Ms T was heard, at about
    04/01/2005 08:45 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...

    >>Thunderchief wrote:

    <snip>

    >>>Heh. That corner bug...I've never got that to work.
    >>
    >>Really? It can be a little tricky to position Lara just right,
    >>but it's not that hard. Once you've done it a couple of times,
    >>it's fairly easy. (I presume you've already read how to do it.)
    >>
    >>The first time I tried it was at Lara's house... and went running
    >>around all over the roof. :) I tried to use it in Highland Fling
    >>(TR LA) to get into Nessy's ocean (jumping from the corner of the
    >>castle tower), but never could manage to get out there without using
    >>a position editor.
    >>
    >>-- G
    >

    > I had the same experience as G man states above. What platform are you
    > using? I recall way back when /some/ folks were not able to make that "bug"
    > work for them but don't recall the circumstances now.

    I could not get it to work for the longest time. It was the way I was
    reading the descriptions of how to get it to work ... for some reason I
    always misinterpreted it. Once I got it, I was a kid in a candy store!

    The easiest variation is a rectangular column with one side directly
    against a flat raised platform ...

    (lower area out here)
    (raised flat platform) X+ + ^ North
    / + + |
    / + (column) + |
    X = Lara + + +------> East
    +============+

    (1) *Walk* to the edge of the platform (facing North)
    (2) sidestep East until you can sidestep no more
    (3) step backward (south) one step (or two)
    (4) sidestep East again to make sure you are still up against the pillar
    (5) This is where the descriptions always let me down ...

    The idea is to turn Lara until she is a little less than 45 to the
    pillar wall and more than 45 degrees to the edge of the platform. But
    only the correct amount off of 45 degrees.

    To get the angle right you really have to walk back up to the edge of
    the platform and use the position after finishing step 2 above.

    Turn Lara right until the edge of the column "divides Lara in half".
    That's exactly 45 degrees. With a *quick* tap turn her to the right
    "one tick". One tick is the least you can get Lara to turn at a time.
    This is why the tap has to be *quick*. Practice this until you can tap
    right so quickly that Lara does not move. Only then by tapping slightly
    slower are you sure you have turned her "one tick".

    Well, you have to turn her *two* ticks right from 45 degrees. You have
    to get a feel for this because you will not have the edge of the column
    to judge by when you back away from the platform edge.

    Now start the sequence above and back away from the edge

    (5) turn her 45++ degrees to the right.
    (6) press jump (not forward, not sideways, not any other key)
    (7) do it again, and again until lara reaches the edge of the platform
    (8) press jump one more time, her right leg from the knee down,
    consuming about half her foot, should "disappear" into the column when
    you land.
    (9) press jump again, Lara's leg should bury deeper into the column wall
    (10) press jump one last time, and watch for the changes.

    At 10 Lara should magically rise to the top of the column. And if the
    column is shorter than the level ceiling (you don't hit your head) and
    relatively flat, you should now be standing on the top edge. Be
    careful, the first time I succeeded, I immediately hit another key and
    Lara fell to her death (very anticlimactic!)

    Once you "get a feel for it", you will position yourself at the platform
    edge, step back, turn right until it looks "correct" and jump, jump,
    jump ... jump. But you will know when to stop jumping so that you don't
    jump to your death ... uh, errrr ... jump Lara to *her* death ... yes,
    thats it!

    ===
    PW
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    > consuming about half her foot, should "disappear" into the column when
    > you land.
    > (9) press jump again, Lara's leg should bury deeper into the column
    > wall (10) press jump one last time, and watch for the changes.
    >
    > At 10 Lara should magically rise to the top of the column. And if the
    > column is shorter than the level ceiling (you don't hit your head) and
    > relatively flat, you should now be standing on the top edge. Be
    > careful, the first time I succeeded, I immediately hit another key and
    > Lara fell to her death (very anticlimactic!)
    >
    > Once you "get a feel for it", you will position yourself at the
    > platform edge, step back, turn right until it looks "correct" and
    > jump, jump, jump ... jump. But you will know when to stop jumping so
    > that you don't jump to your death ... uh, errrr ... jump Lara to

    Addendum to Corner Bug; there will be times you find Lara popped to
    the top on only 3 jumps, thats about as close to perfect positioning
    I've ever seen. The wickedest I've seen is to have Lara just running
    along and bumps something and she pops up top. I've seen that twice.
    But I could be thinking of either TR1, TR2 or TR3. I found it easiest
    to do the Corner Bug in TR2.
    When doing the corner bug, remember that Lara will end up on top of the
    next highest available full space. That might not be quite where you
    thought it'd be either. Like in St. Francis Folly out on the tower :)
    She will be popped up onto the very top if the bug is used in the right
    place.
    My first place to use it successfully was in TR2 Laras Home, obstacle
    course, on the cargo netted platform where you start the Zip line. Once
    I got her up there, I ran her all over the place. It was ended with a
    most elegant swan dive into concrete...she missed the bit of water.
    McG.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when Ms T said...

    >>> Temple of the Cat:
    >>>
    >>> Getting on top of the pyramid ... child's play ... but still cool to
    >>> stand floating in mid air looking *through* the walls.
    >>
    >> Jumping back down from the top of there was kinda fraught with
    >> "WAAAGH!!!"
    >>

    >>> Assuming you live long enough (that was a *deadly* level), you need
    >>> to get on top of the large pillar to the left as you stand at the
    >>> big doors in the pyramid and look out over the pool. That one took
    >>> me a *while* to accomplish.
    >>
    >> Thats even possible?!?! Jeeez!!!!
    >>

    > <eagerly awaiting reply> lol

    I *will* get back to that!! I will!!

    Duncan
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when Ms T said...

    <corner bug>

    >> The first time I tried it was at Lara's house... and went running
    >> around all over the roof. :) I tried to use it in Highland Fling
    >> (TR LA) to get into Nessy's ocean (jumping from the corner of the
    >> castle tower), but never could manage to get out there without using
    >> a position editor.
    >>
    >> -- G
    >
    > I had the same experience as G man states above. What platform are
    > you using? I recall way back when /some/ folks were not able to make
    > that "bug" work for them but don't recall the circumstances now.

    I suspect I'm just being lame. I'm on Win98 so no problems as far as
    platform goes. I'll just have to try harder. I mean...its only been about 8
    years of trying! ;-)

    Duncan
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

> [...]
    > consuming about half her foot, should "disappear" into the column when
    > you land.
    > (9) press jump again, Lara's leg should bury deeper into the column wall
    > (10) press jump one last time, and watch for the changes.
    >
    > At 10 Lara should magically rise to the top of the column. And if the
    > column is shorter than the level ceiling (you don't hit your head) and
    > relatively flat, you should now be standing on the top edge. Be
    > careful, the first time I succeeded, I immediately hit another key and
    > Lara fell to her death (very anticlimactic!)
    >
    > Once you "get a feel for it", you will position yourself at the platform
    > edge, step back, turn right until it looks "correct" and jump, jump,
    > jump ... jump. But you will know when to stop jumping so that you don't
    > jump to your death ... uh, errrr ... jump Lara to *her* death ... yes,

    Hehehehe. Swan Diiiiiiiiive........

    Right. I shall go and try this. Thank you!

    > ===
    > PW

    Duncan
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

> [...]
    > I've ever seen. The wickedest I've seen is to have Lara just running
    > along and bumps something and she pops up top. I've seen that twice.
    > But I could be thinking of either TR1, TR2 or TR3. I found it easiest
    > to do the Corner Bug in TR2.
    > When doing the corner bug, remember that Lara will end up on top of the
    > next highest available full space. That might not be quite where you
    > thought it'd be either. Like in St. Francis Folly out on the tower :)
    > She will be popped up onto the very top if the bug is used in the right
    > place.
    > My first place to use it successfully was in TR2 Laras Home, obstacle
    > course, on the cargo netted platform where you start the Zip line. Once
    > I got her up there, I ran her all over the place. It was ended with a
    > most elegant swan dive into concrete...she missed the bit of water.

    Cooooooooool!!!

    I mean...ooops!! ;-)

    > McG.

    Duncan
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > There I was, minding my own business, when Ms T said...
    >
    > <corner bug>
    >

    >>> The first time I tried it was at Lara's house... and went running
    >>> around all over the roof. :) I tried to use it in Highland Fling
    >>> (TR LA) to get into Nessy's ocean (jumping from the corner of the
    >>> castle tower), but never could manage to get out there without using
    >>> a position editor.
    >>>
    >>> -- G
    >>
    >> I had the same experience as G man states above. What platform are
    >> you using? I recall way back when /some/ folks were not able to make
    >> that "bug" work for them but don't recall the circumstances now.
    >
    > I suspect I'm just being lame. I'm on Win98 so no problems as far as
    > platform goes. I'll just have to try harder. I mean...its only been
    > about 8 years of trying! ;-)

    Oh, well, if /that's/ all the time you've been trying, then. ;)

    As others have posted, once you get it, you've got it and can have fun with
    it. Just gotta "hold your mouth right" type thingie I guess.

    Good luck!

    [Oh, just a reminder: Be sure to save a game before attempting as others
    have pointed out, she may just end up plummeting to her death as soon as
    she's/you've managed the "bug"]

    --
    Ms T
    ever changing calm

    There I was, minding my own business, when Ms T said...

    >> There I was, minding my own business, when Ms T said...
    >>
    >> <corner bug>

    >>> I had the same experience as G man states above. What platform are
    >>> you using? I recall way back when /some/ folks were not able to
    >>> make that "bug" work for them but don't recall the circumstances
    >>> now.
    >>
    >> I suspect I'm just being lame. I'm on Win98 so no problems as far as
    >> platform goes. I'll just have to try harder. I mean...its only been
    >> about 8 years of trying! ;-)
    >>

    > Oh, well, if /that's/ all the time you've been trying, then. ;)
    >
    > As others have posted, once you get it, you've got it and can have
    > fun with it. Just gotta "hold your mouth right" type thingie I guess.
    >
    > Good luck!
    >
    > [Oh, just a reminder: Be sure to save a game before attempting as
    > others have pointed out, she may just end up plummeting to her death
    > as soon as she's/you've managed the "bug"]

    THis I shall do. And still hope for the plummet. [insert evil laugh here]
    ;-)

    Duncan
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Thunderchief wrote:

    > There I was, minding my own business, when Ms T said...
    >
    > <corner bug>
    >

    > >> The first time I tried it was at Lara's house... and went running
    > >> around all over the roof. :) I tried to use it in Highland Fling
    > >> (TR LA) to get into Nessy's ocean (jumping from the corner of the
    > >> castle tower), but never could manage to get out there without using
    > >> a position editor.
    > >>
    > >> -- G
    > >
    > > I had the same experience as G man states above. What platform are
    > > you using? I recall way back when /some/ folks were not able to make
    > > that "bug" work for them but don't recall the circumstances now.
    >
    > I suspect I'm just being lame. I'm on Win98 so no problems as far as
    > platform goes. I'll just have to try harder. I mean...its only been about 8
    > years of trying! ;-)
    >
    > Duncan

    FWIW, this is how I do it:

    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XX BLOCK XXX L
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX

    L is Lara. Have her facing directly toward the corner (about 45
    degrees to the left) and as close as possible to the wall and the
    corner. Sometimes it helps if she isn't *quite* facing the corner,
    just every so slightly forward (if you know what I mean). Then
    have her repeatedly crouch and stand up. She tends to inch forward
    slightly each time. One of those times, she pops up on the top of
    the structure when she stands up.

    There can't be any overhangs and there has to be room up there to
    stand. Sometimes there isn't any "space" above the structure, the
    sky is too low.

    -- G
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There I was, minding my own business, when Gary Mitchell said...

    > Thunderchief wrote:
    >>
    >> There I was, minding my own business, when Ms T said...
    >>
    >> <corner bug>

    >>> I had the same experience as G man states above. What platform are
    >>> you using? I recall way back when /some/ folks were not able to
    >>> make that "bug" work for them but don't recall the circumstances
    >>> now.
    >>
    >> I suspect I'm just being lame. I'm on Win98 so no problems as far as
    >> platform goes. I'll just have to try harder. I mean...its only been
    >> about 8 years of trying! ;-)
    >>
    >> Duncan
    >
    > FWIW, this is how I do it:
    >
    > XXXXXXXXXXXX
    > XX BLOCK XXX L
    > XXXXXXXXXXXX
    > XXXXXXXXXXXX
    >
    > L is Lara. Have her facing directly toward the corner (about 45
    > degrees to the left) and as close as possible to the wall and the
    > corner. Sometimes it helps if she isn't *quite* facing the corner,
    > just every so slightly forward (if you know what I mean). Then
    > have her repeatedly crouch and stand up. She tends to inch forward
    > slightly each time. One of those times, she pops up on the top of
    > the structure when she stands up.
    >
    > There can't be any overhangs and there has to be room up there to
    > stand. Sometimes there isn't any "space" above the structure, the
    > sky is too low.

    Ah! Cool. Thats two variations to try. Nothing can stop me now!

    Except, of course, my own ineptitude!!

    > -- G

    Duncan
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Thunderchief wrote:

    > There I was, minding my own business, when Gary Mitchell said...
    >
    > > Thunderchief wrote:
    > >>
    > >> There I was, minding my own business, when Ms T said...
    > >>
    > >> <corner bug>

    > >> I suspect I'm just being lame. I'm on Win98 so no problems as far as
    > >> platform goes. I'll just have to try harder. I mean...its only been
    > >> about 8 years of trying! ;-)
    > >>
    > >> Duncan
    > >
    > > FWIW, this is how I do it:
    > >
    > > XXXXXXXXXXXX
    > > XX BLOCK XXX L
    > > XXXXXXXXXXXX
    > > XXXXXXXXXXXX
    > >
    > > L is Lara. Have her facing directly toward the corner (about 45
    > > degrees to the left) and as close as possible to the wall and the
    > > corner. Sometimes it helps if she isn't *quite* facing the corner,
    > > just every so slightly forward (if you know what I mean). Then
    > > have her repeatedly crouch and stand up. She tends to inch forward
    > > slightly each time. One of those times, she pops up on the top of
    > > the structure when she stands up.
    > >
    > > There can't be any overhangs and there has to be room up there to
    > > stand. Sometimes there isn't any "space" above the structure, the
    > > sky is too low.
    >
    > Ah! Cool. Thats two variations to try. Nothing can stop me now!

    It seems the key factor is that much of her body needs to protrude
    into the structure right at the corner and at the same time she has
    to be doing something related to standing (jumping or getting up from
    being on hands & knees). Getting her in the exact right spot is the
    trick. I have better luck with the hands & knees and stand technique.
    (I said crouch before, that should have been hands & knees.)

    -- G

    > Except, of course, my own ineptitude!!
    >

    > > -- G
    >
    > Duncan
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Thunderchief wrote:
    >>
    >> There I was, minding my own business, when Gary Mitchell said...

    >>> FWIW, this is how I do it:
    >>>
    >>> XXXXXXXXXXXX
    >>> XX BLOCK XXX L
    >>> XXXXXXXXXXXX
    >>> XXXXXXXXXXXX
    >>>
    >>> L is Lara. Have her facing directly toward the corner (about 45
    >>> degrees to the left) and as close as possible to the wall and the
    >>> corner. Sometimes it helps if she isn't *quite* facing the corner,
    >>> just every so slightly forward (if you know what I mean). Then
    >>> have her repeatedly crouch and stand up. She tends to inch forward
    >>> slightly each time. One of those times, she pops up on the top of
    >>> the structure when she stands up.
    >>>
    >>> There can't be any overhangs and there has to be room up there to
    >>> stand. Sometimes there isn't any "space" above the structure, the
    >>> sky is too low.
    >>
    >> Ah! Cool. Thats two variations to try. Nothing can stop me now!
    >
    > It seems the key factor is that much of her body needs to protrude
    > into the structure right at the corner and at the same time she has
    > to be doing something related to standing (jumping or getting up from
    > being on hands & knees). Getting her in the exact right spot is the
    > trick. I have better luck with the hands & knees and stand technique.
    > (I said crouch before, that should have been hands & knees.)
    >
    > -- G

    Well, depending on which TR game, there was no "crouch" option for the first
    couple of games, right? So, if one had played an earlier game (i.e., TR1 or
    TR2), crouch and "hands and knees" are synonomous, right?

    btw, I found your "illustration" up there QUITE impressive G! :-D

    <tosses coins in bags and passes on>

    --
    Ms T
    ever changing calm

    >> Except, of course, my own ineptitude!!
    >>

    >>> -- G
    >>
    >> Duncan
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Thunderchief wrote:
    >>
    >> There I was, minding my own business, when Gary Mitchell said...

    >>> FWIW, this is how I do it:
    >>>
    >>> XXXXXXXXXXXX
    >>> XX BLOCK XXX L
    >>> XXXXXXXXXXXX
    >>> XXXXXXXXXXXX
    >>>
    >>> L is Lara. Have her facing directly toward the corner (about 45
    >>> degrees to the left) and as close as possible to the wall and the
    >>> corner. Sometimes it helps if she isn't *quite* facing the corner,
    >>> just every so slightly forward (if you know what I mean). Then
    >>> have her repeatedly crouch and stand up. She tends to inch forward
    >>> slightly each time. One of those times, she pops up on the top of
    >>> the structure when she stands up.
    >>>
    >>> There can't be any overhangs and there has to be room up there to
    >>> stand. Sometimes there isn't any "space" above the structure, the
    >>> sky is too low.
    >>
    >> Ah! Cool. Thats two variations to try. Nothing can stop me now!
    >
    > It seems the key factor is that much of her body needs to protrude
    > into the structure right at the corner and at the same time she has
    > to be doing something related to standing (jumping or getting up from
    > being on hands & knees). Getting her in the exact right spot is the
    > trick. I have better luck with the hands & knees and stand technique.
    > (I said crouch before, that should have been hands & knees.)

    But Lara doesn't have that in TR1. :(
    McG.

    > -- G
    >

    >> Except, of course, my own ineptitude!!