Canon A75 or Canon S1 IS

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 16, 2004 12:47:35 AM

Anybody can tell me if there are any photo quality difference on these
models?. If i dont need x10 optical zoom, better film and image
stabilisher...... if i buy canon s1 is i can do better photos?. The price
difference is big and i dont know if there is some difference on photo
quality.

More about : canon a75 canon

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 12:47:36 AM

"Lordman" <lordman@wanadoo.es> writes:
> Anybody can tell me if there are any photo quality difference on these
> models?. If i dont need x10 optical zoom, better film and image
> stabilisher...... if i buy canon s1 is i can do better photos?. The price
> difference is big and i dont know if there is some difference on photo
> quality.

You're paying for the glass in that price jump, and it sounds like it
doesn't really add value for ya.

The A75 takes some great friggin photos and is a tremendous value.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Todd H. wrote:

>"Lordman" <lordman@wanadoo.es> writes:
>> Anybody can tell me if there are any photo quality difference on these
>> models?. If i dont need x10 optical zoom, better film and image
>> stabilisher...... if i buy canon s1 is i can do better photos?. The price
>> difference is big and i dont know if there is some difference on photo
>> quality.
>
>You're paying for the glass in that price jump, and it sounds like it
>doesn't really add value for ya.
>
>The A75 takes some great friggin photos and is a tremendous value.

I concur. I have the Canon A75 as a second camera and it takes great
photos. I have an SLR, but I use the A75 at social events where I don't
need nor want to carry around my big camera.

The image quality is very good and it has plenty of manual control if
needed, plus all the auto and semi-auto modes. You can make good prints
up to 8x10 with it, and an inexpensive 256meg CF card will hold about
150 photos.
!