New cards that don't get TDR or Nvlddmkm errors?

peterpaul

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I just built a new system and am constantly getting the Nvlddmkm (Display driver has stopped responding) messages. I have been trying to get around this for 2 weeks now and am finally to the point I am thinking about sending these 2 cards back. I have used newest drivers, OLD drivers, oulled one card, thenm swapped, pulled memory, and swapped, reinstalled windows more than 15 times now. I thought I had it fixed using nvidia driver from may 09, but it started it again today and got 6 in less than 10 minutes. At the time I had WOW running on one screen and Media Center (live tv) on the other monitor. I am tired of trying to fix something I should not be having a problem with in a new system. I have built MANY systems and have never had this.
Anyway, what new video cards out there do not have this problem? I want to keep 2 cards and use DVI to HDMI (but would go with straight HDMI). I have read alot of posts with various cards, ati and nvidia both where others get the same problem and obviously no one has a good fix yet. Looks to me like it is something with the newer chips. My GT 9800 has never had this problem.

Some recommendations would be appreciated.

System:
Asus P6x58D Premium
Intel Core i7 980 Extreme
12gb Mushkin redline
2x MSI N260GTX Twin Frozr OC GeForce GTX 260 896MB
CORSAIR CMPSU-750HX

peterpaul

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010

You did see I have 2 cards, right? I think it is more the chips not the cards, that's why I was asking if there are any known new cards that are not having this issue. I don't want to get them replaced and have the same problems with another card.