Overheating in AMD X2 5200+ 2.7 GHz

Hello,
When i try to monitor the CPU tempetatures of my AMD X2 5200+ 2.7GHz, the software is telling that the temp3 is 90C. After intensive use it increases to 100+!!. Temp 1 & 2 are normal though.
Is this ok? What are the three different temperatures?

I used SpeedFan to monitor the temperatures.

Please let me know what you guys think
6 answers Last reply
More about overheating 5200
  1. The X2 5200 is only a dual-core CPU, so there can't be a third CPU temp. As greghome suggested, try CPUID HWMonitor, and make sure the readings are in deg C.
  2. Try checking in your system BIOS or using the software that was bundled with your motherboard.

SpeedFan might not be reporting the correct values.
  3. You would have a blue screen long before your temps hit 80c if those temps are correct.
  4. Thank you guys! I installed HWmonitor and all set. Max temp is 60 for CPU and 64 for GPU.
    Sorry for the late reply.
  5. It's good to hear it was just an error on the application.

Now, for keeping your temperatures down, U may try the monitoring application from your MB software disc. I've got an Asus M2N68 AM Plus, and it came with Cool & Quiet, and PC Probe II.

Course I've not used any of my taxing design applications, but I've been working on a lot of stuff at the same time, no lockups/overheating at all: it drops the clock speed down in just a few moments if I stop going on and it's usually running on the sub 35's Celsius. So C&Q should help you to keep it power efficient and therefore on the lower temperatures whenever possible.
  6. I use the default thermal compound which has been there for 2 yrs!!
    I will try to buy a good one like coolermaster next month and see the difference.
    Both GPU and CPU are coming to 65+ in extreme use. My place is a very hot place, so I am not sure whether I can expect this.
    Normal temp are around 55 degree C.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Monitors