Sign in with
Your question

Recover data from a HDD

Last response: in Storage
August 9, 2012 7:59:06 AM

I accidentaly had two hard drives plugged in while redoing windows 7

I deleted the partition, formatted, and installed windows 7 onto the wrong drive

Is there any way I can get any data back that hasn't been overwritten by the windows install?

If so, what do you recommend?

More about : recover data hdd

August 9, 2012 9:54:49 AM

Windows data can get corrupted or damaged due to accidental partition deletion, improper formatting of hard disk and virus infection. The user may also permanently delete valuable data from the hard disk which prove to be fatal later. To recover inaccessible data from formatted hard drive and intentionally or accidentally deleted data from the hard disk, windows recovery is applied that brings all the lost data to working state, using Kernel for Windows data recovery software you can do so instantly.
a b G Storage
August 9, 2012 10:11:24 AM

I would unhook the drive that you accidentally erased, and get windows installed on the other drive. Then install recuva http://www.piriform.com/recuva on this drive. Hook up the drive that you accidentally erased, and run recuva on it to see what it can recover if anything.

I have no idea what Transend is talking about, seems like it was cut/paste from somewhere or its just a bot.
!