garfield_94

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Hello,
I have a question about combatibility!
I have the ASUS IV Formula mobo, with Phenom x6 1090T! i want to buy a GPU to complete my pc.I have ordered the MSI R5770 Hawk!A friend told me, that MSI isn't supported by the mobo! Is it true???
If yes, could you tell me a good GPU??My price range is 200 euros.
Thanks in advance:)

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008

+1

The only thing that matters is that it's pci-express and that your power supply can power it.

garfield_94

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Thank you very much!!!For a moment i was really worried!!!i am going to throw a lot of money on this rig and i don't want something to go wrong!
one last question, could you tell me, how many watts my PSU should be??
pc specs are:
Motherboard: Asus Formula IV
CPU:phenom x6 1090T
GPU(thanks to your reply:) ) :MSI R5770 Hawk
Cooler:Corsair H50 hydro cooling
HDD:Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Case:CoolerMaster HAF 932 AMD Edition
RAM: Corsair 4GB xms 1333 Ram-Kit

I have chosen a Silverstone Element 650W PSU
Do that rig needs more watts?

ps:I hope i won't have to spend more money 1200 euros are enough:p after all i am 16 years old!!My funds are not unlimited :sarcastic:

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
Nah that PSU will be just fine, you may want to look into a different CPU cooler. Good air cooling beats that mediocre water cooling. The CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ is a great choice and you can find it for like $30.

banthracis

Distinguished
That PSU is fine. I'm not a fan of MSI GPU's though.

If you ever have an issue, their customer support is so nonexistent that you'd have a better chance of a having a replacement GPU show up on your doorstep due to a newegg shipping error than getting an actual replacement from them.

garfield_94

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
I have read some great reviews about the H50 so that's why i wanted that one!!I need that rig for gaming (extreme gaming if the GPU can handle it:p )
About air-cooling, H50 in many reviews beats most air-coolers but if i had to choose an air cooler i would pick the V10:p

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
The H50 is budget water cooling. Water cooling done right is in the neighbor of $300-500... A good CPU cooler, say the Megahelms, will beat the H50 and do so without risking your new computer with "budget water cooling".

Take a look at www.frostytech.com to see the top rated coolers.

garfield_94

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
so, lets forget the H50! thank you very much!!so megahelms or v10??i have heard great stuff from those 2! btw. i don't care about the noise as long as i can bear it:p

garfield_94

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
by accident i saw a model almost identical with Megahelms, the Mega Shadow
Differences??i thing i will go with Megahelms (or mega shadow, depending on its performance:p)
I might be wrong, but i think those coolers aren't supported by the AM3 socket:S

garfield_94

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
i find the Hyper 212+ kindaaaa weak..i mean it's too small:p
also the noctua is indeed pricy, i think i will go with the mega shadow, as long as i can find an AM3 bracket

garfield_94

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
it's a model after megahelms, it's the same concept but sth like special edition
so expect that the results are slightly improved. i will stick to that and i am goin to buy a AM3 bracket.Any other stuff i should change in my rig?

You could save yourself some $ and buy a Scythe Mugen 2 rev.b it performs very close to the Prolimatechs at half the cost.
Plus it comes with a silent high-quality fan add another fan the same kind and you'll do very well.
The Prolimatechs are the best but don't come with fans.
Currently they only make the Megahalems and Armageddon.Megashadows is discontinued.
I would also consider the Thermalright Venomous X-RT which comes with a fan and performs only 1C less then the Megahalems.
Any of these units would perform quite well when cpu is oc'd.

TRENDING THREADS