Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How To: 2.1 Speaker Configuration(Realtek HD Audio Manager)

Last response: in Components
August 16, 2010 12:16:45 PM

This is just a quick tutorial so you can get the most out of a 2.1 speaker configuration, I was helping a member out on a different forum since he was asking if there was a Realtek HD Audio Manager option for 2.1 speakers and I thought this tutorial might be helpful if you guys want your 2.1 speaker setups to sound better. From doing this tutorial the bass coming from your sub wont have a bunch of static when you're blasting your speakers and from doing this everything will sound more clear when you're playing music at a low or high volume. Just open up Realtek HD Audio Manager and copy these settings from the screen shots I took on my computer.[

For the equalizer you don't need to choose bass.

If this isn't a suitable section then Mods, feel free to move the thread.

More about : speaker configuration realtek audio manager

August 16, 2010 5:58:28 PM

.1 signals are already sent, if u put in stereo, and your sub will bypass the nessecary singals to your sattelite speakers or watever. thats just how PC speakers work.

and putting on bass setting on EQ just makes it sounds muddy. no matter how good your speakers are. software EQ is useless, ever since they got rid of hardware audio on vista and seven.
Score
August 17, 2010 6:58:00 AM

EpicPie you are so smart
Score
Related resources
August 17, 2010 12:24:12 PM

My Realtek is ALC888. The control panel display is different from yours. It has a blue overall window with simple setups. Can I change that with a driver update? Never tried it before though... :p 
Score
August 17, 2010 1:40:52 PM

damasvara said:
My Realtek is ALC888. The control panel display is different from yours. It has a blue overall window with simple setups. Can I change that with a driver update? Never tried it before though... :p 

Yeah, most likely if you update your Realtek drivers you'll get a newer UI.
Score
August 17, 2010 3:16:22 PM

EpicPie said:
Yeah, most likely if you update your Realtek drivers you'll get a newer UI.

Hmm... So it's not certain then... Well, before I update the driver, I'd like to know which Realtek HD type an what OS you're using. Since it is most likely that different sound card type or OS has different drivers.

Score
August 17, 2010 3:44:43 PM

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. The driver only applies to what OS you're using, from all the different windows OS's ive used that have realtek as the audio driver the UI of where everything on it looks basically the same to me.
Score
August 17, 2010 6:38:43 PM

ur UI seems to tell me that your driver is not the latest, since if u do have the latest, u'd have a graphic equalizer, which you dont...
Score
August 17, 2010 7:29:39 PM

MEgamer said:
ur UI seems to tell me that your driver is not the latest, since if u do have the latest, u'd have a graphic equalizer, which you dont...

Which brings another question; What's the latest driver? I've been looking around but the version is 2.51, while mine is 5.10.xxx :pt1cable: 

A direct link would be very helpful :D 

BTW, my Realtek HD Sound Effect Manager does have a graphic equalizer. I'll upload the picture ASAP
Score
August 17, 2010 9:03:24 PM

Actually, this is the one I'm currently downloading.

Anyway, this is the screenshot of my Realtek UI:

I'm curious about the possibility of a new UI should I update the driver... I got nothing to lose anyway... lol
Score
August 17, 2010 11:12:02 PM

I updated my Realtek HD Audio Driver and it still looks the same except I have the Graphics EQ now.
Score
August 18, 2010 9:04:25 AM

EpicPie said:
I updated my Realtek HD Audio Driver and it still looks the same except I have the Graphics EQ now.

Nope, nothing's changed.

I guess 32-bit Windows XP's Realtek UI is destined to be like this... :cry: 

No option for 2.1 speaker makes me consider an OS upgrade. But my XP is so sleek and fast, I just can't look he other way :love: 
Score
August 18, 2010 11:34:45 AM

ye xp will always look like that. the vista and seven now has graphic EQ on their latest drivers, actuallly they been having it for quite some time now.
Score
Anonymous
October 15, 2010 4:41:54 PM

Lies i plug my 2.1 speaker and the pc doesnt by pass *** it acts like i still only have two speakers plugged in the subwoofer and one speaker works and the sub doesnt sound like a subwoofer it sounds like a regular speaker.. I go to configuration and see that its on stereo when i test it tests two speakers the subwoofer and the left speaker and the right plays no sound its like the right speaker is non existant everyone says leave it on stereo and your computer will send the low frequency sounds to the sub but its lies vista is treating it like its still just two speakers..
Score
October 16, 2010 12:50:46 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!