Sign in with
Your question

How to open corrupted hard disk without formatting

Last response: in Storage
August 9, 2012 2:09:34 PM

Hello,
My laptop's 250gb Hard Disk Drive has failed and I tried to replace it with a news 250gb hard drive

I tried to backup files from the old hard drive by putting it inside a external hard drive case and connect it to the computer but my computer wont recognize it and it says that i need to format it

is there any other way to backup the files from my old hard drive? please help me any help is greatly appreciated

More about : open corrupted hard disk formatting

a b G Storage
August 12, 2012 10:40:13 PM

This has happened because you put the drive into an external enclosure.

Free and easy answer: Download Kubuntu and Linux Live USB Creator (Lili)
Create a Live Linux USB disk with persistence using Lili
put the bad drive into the laptop and boot from the USB stick (see manufactures website about BIOS settings)

You can now access the drive without the enclosure and burn the files to disk, move files to another disk, or move files to another networked computer
m
l
August 13, 2012 2:33:45 PM

This is a very common question. Quite a lot of guys have met up with it. Just relax for it is solvable. Open the following page and dowload the freeware which is professional at recovering data loss due to "do you want to format it now" problems.
Page: http://freeware-recovery.blogspot. [...] overy.html
The freeware allows you to preview the lost data so you will decide which to recover. Do as the page tells you and you will find it quite simple.
m
l
June 23, 2013 3:05:13 AM

my disk drive is not running and when i open it,it asks to format but not formatting
plz help me solve this if any body know........
m
l
!