Monitor size question

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Well i want to buy a monitor but i dont decide on what resolution.... 23, 24, 27, etc... the thing i want to know is at what size u start seeing the pixels... and another little question... what ms time respond is the needed for gaming?

Every monitor has its own native resolution. You wont see pixels anyway coz they are very small. For gaming, the lower the response time the better.

TN panels - have something around 5ms-6ms and 2ms (G2G).

IPS and VA panels have more response times something around 25ms.

G

I would recommend a 24" screen. I have tried a 27" 1920x1200, a 22" 1680x1050 and a 24" 1920x1080 and the 24" is the size to go for! A 26" would be okay but you may be at the maximum size limit if you want to be sitting close (monitor distance) to it!

I can highly recommend http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-P2450H-24-inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B002DPYQSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281967479&sr=8-1 this screen to you as it is incredible for the price and its colour reproduction is among the best you can get out of a TN panel (which would constitute the majority of all affordable monitors)

Regards

G

It is a combination of just being a bit too big to sit close to (with no extra gain in resolution over the 24" screens), and also the cost of a decent 27" screen is quite a bit higher than 24" - as that seems to be one of the more common sizes available! There is nothing wrong with it if you decide to get a monitor that large as you will get used to the size but a 24" is simply more comfortable to use.

Timop

Distinguished
The iMac's 27 inch screen is a totally different monster from normal 27 inch monitors.

The normal ones are all 1080P, a low resolution for the size, the iMac on the other-hand, has a 2560*1440 IPS screen, which has almost twice the amount of pixels. Unless you buy a Dell U2711 or the HP Pro monitors that costs ~$1000, you wont be getting the same thing.

You'd be better off going to a place that sells TVs.

justin_2

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
all this is great but you need to future-proof it, get a 24" with 2ms and 120hz! (3d compatable) you wouldn't want to pay that kind of money on a thing like that to find out 2 or 3 months down the road it wouln't work with the newest most popular game of its time cause its 3d!

TRENDING THREADS