Windows 7 COD 2 screen flicker

COD69er

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Hello,
I've recently installed Windows 7 and reloaded COD 2 back on. Now when I try to use the game the sreen flickers like waves on an old monitor?? I've reinstalled the game with no success in fixing the problem. Please help

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

What version of Windows 7? (32-bit or 64-bit)

Have you installed the correct video card drivers? (ie you have 32-bit windows and you install the 32-bit drivers)

What graphics card do you have?

Please respond

Uber

COD69er

Distinguished
May 10, 2010

Thanks Uber,
I've actually installed the 64-bit windows but I also have the 32-bit version of windows as it came with the pack (windows 7).
My driver file details are: Windows\system32\DRIVERS\monitor.sys
I have the: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9591) and the
Adaptor String is: Ati Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Total available graphics mem: 2302MB
DAC type: internal DAC(400MHz)
Dedicated vid mem: 512MB
So if I assumed correctly, I would need to install the 32-bit version of Windows rather than the 64-bit? Or is it possible to just update my drivers?
I know very little about computers, as you can probably tell. So here's my problem, when I go to the 'Update Drivers' section, it trys to tell me I'm all up to date?? Do I have to buy the 64-bit drivers or what should I do?
Thanks for the reply by the way

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Has this always happened? Or has is just started happening?

If has always happened it's either software issues or driver issues

If it just started happening, then the card has most likely run its course

Thanks

Uber

COD69er

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Hey Uber,
I seen your reply and so I installed 'Crysis' and it's running sweet. Considering that it's more taxing on my graphics card than 'Call of Duty United Forces' I would be under the impression that it might just be 'Call of Duty'. I do however have a Dual Core system and I would think that maybe if I installed Windows Vista on the second Core I might have more success in installing COD on this 2nd core. Didn't think of it before:( What do you think? (I'm currently in Thailand and my Vistas Disks are back home in Aus so I have really no option but to wait till I get back home to give it a shot) But I would really like to play it here (better internet).
Anyway thanks again for your reply.

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Sorry for the long wait for this reply (been under the weather)

A re-installation may help with the problem

Are there any patches or fixes for the COD?

Since it is so old im almost positive there is

Check with that because it does sound like a software issue atm

Uber

TRENDING THREADS