Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Play Crysis without inserting disk?

Last response: in Storage
August 9, 2012 3:32:51 PM

I wasn't sure where to put this but is there any way I can play Crysis and other games without having to insert the disk every time. I do have the disk it's just a pain to take in and out and it makes a noise when spinning. I tried burning it to a virtual drive using Power ISO and installing it from there but it still asks for the disk!

Any help?
a b G Storage
August 9, 2012 4:13:02 PM

Edit: Probably not a good idea to mention as there's no way of knowing what your intentions are with it, didn't think this through.
a b G Storage
August 9, 2012 4:29:23 PM

MidnightDistort said:
Edit: Probably not a good idea to mention as there's no way of knowing what your intentions are with it, didn't think this through.

Your best bet is to try the EA's Steam thing. I tried finding disk changers for computers but so far no luck, but there are DVD drives that are around $20 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

If you have a big enough case you can fit 3 or more on, granted if you have enough SATA ports.
Related resources
August 9, 2012 6:02:22 PM

MidnightDistort said:
Your best bet is to try the EA's Steam thing. I tried finding disk changers for computers but so far no luck, but there are DVD drives that are around $20 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

If you have a big enough case you can fit 3 or more on, granted if you have enough SATA ports.

Thanks but I've only got 6 5.25" spaces and there all filled, I might consider and external drive and hide it away under my desk.
August 9, 2012 6:10:10 PM

I don't want to possibly break the law or buy the game again so I'll just live with it.

thanks anyway
a c 87 G Storage
August 9, 2012 6:29:23 PM

A large number of EA published games can be activated on Origin with the original CD keys. This includes Crysis 2 even if it was purchased through Retail and not online. I am not sure if it applies to Crysis retail though.

The same applies with Steam, a lot of games can be activated online using retail CD Keys.
August 9, 2012 6:45:34 PM

Add serial to ORIGIN and you won't need the CD.
October 17, 2013 1:52:02 AM

Holy year bump Batman!

Crysis 1 Retail still requires the disc even when registered on Origin. Crysis Warhead and Crysis 2 do not.

Annoyed because I did this last night to get around the CD issue and still Crysis 1 asked for the disc.

No CD patch time methinks
!