Hd 5770 Vapor-x can AA with CRT.??????

dinkle85

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hello guy....

With my CRT monitor and resolution at 1024x700, If i buy hd 5770 Vapor-x can i push game to a higher resolution with AA at max....?

Solution
The quality of the image depends on what LCD you buy. If you can get your hands on a 2-5ms GTG response time(better 2 GTG milliseconds) and also be full HD(1920x1080) or 1920x1200 witch has the color white really white not gray or yellow(try to see the difference) and if you move from one side to the other the colors no not change or they change so little that you can barley see then buy it.
Check the color black also, make shore that it is a dark black not gray.
Probably a 23' would be nice.

Also before buying it find a review on it and see what others think or reveal about it.
It all depends on the game. A CRT monitor has nothing to do with what you can do as far as AA goes. Take a look at some benchmarks, with AA on at the resolution you want.

Check out this 5750 review, it has 5770 results along side it at different resolutions and settings, including AA.

shubham1401

Distinguished

At that resolution a HD5770 should be able to max out all the games you play.:)

What are rest of your system's specs? :)

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008

CPU bottlenecks for graphics-intense tasks occur at high FPS (in general, of course). If all he's looking to do is play his games at a reasonable framerates with some AA, then even a low-end Athlon X2 will be fine.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Hope you have a faster single core processor or dual core.
I have the same card and i play call of duty all at 1920x1080 at max settings with high frame rates. Also Fallout, burnout paradise give me max settings with max AA.
But i have a core 2 duo..

As others said it depends on your CPU. What are your system spec?

dinkle85

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Sorry i didn't replay...

My spec is:

Amd Phenomx4 955
500 watt PSU Cooler Master brand
2G RAM
Hyper Z600 CPU Cooler
MotherBoard Asus M4A78

In this case i don't want to sell my CRT.. My CRT Resolution is 1024*768.

If i buy hd 5770 Vapor-x can i max AA for all games..??????

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Well if you really want to see what it can do i made a personal review on www.frozentec.com , go to the review section and read.

1280x1024 - at this resolution you should be able to max out the games, i do not know about gta4, but the ones i tested run with flying colors, also to ad, avatar will run at that resolution with all max out, crysis warhead also, and i doubt that gta4 won't work with max settings. Also i overclocked my card easy, and you can control the fan speed from the soft(catalist control center) witch you need to download from www.sapphiretech.com

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
fisshy means that an LCD monitor would help a lot. If you could buy bought that would give you all the eye candy you want.

If you are short on money buy the card now and the LCD later(in a very near future).

It's not that an LCD can do more things. In fact, an LCD is mostly stuck at one resolution, unless you are ok with a less crisp image, while a CRT can easily change to what ever resolution you want, up to it's max, and it is always crisp. LCD's also don't look as good at angles, but this should not matter, unless you are watching someone else play on your comp.

However, an LCD does not flicker if you have a low refresh rate, due to being solid state, and as a result, they are easier on the eyes. LCD's also take a lot less room, and generally look better.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
The quality of the image depends on what LCD you buy. If you can get your hands on a 2-5ms GTG response time(better 2 GTG milliseconds) and also be full HD(1920x1080) or 1920x1200 witch has the color white really white not gray or yellow(try to see the difference) and if you move from one side to the other the colors no not change or they change so little that you can barley see then buy it.
Check the color black also, make shore that it is a dark black not gray.
Probably a 23' would be nice.

Also before buying it find a review on it and see what others think or reveal about it.

Solution
The issue is more that your CRT is likely 17 inches which is very, very small compared to even reasonably priced LCD screens. I would recommend getting a nice 1680x1050 22" monitor. The difference in size and resolution will be remarkable compared to your current screen and the HD5770 will still perform very well.