Anyone studying PC Engineering

As a general rule, you should have at least basic knowledge in both physical design (the EE side) and logical design (the CS side). You'd be surprised by how much understanding the basic logical idea behind a component can change your understanding on its physical design...(and visa versa)

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Hi thanks for responding

I may have asked the question wrong but what i meant is, is there anyone who is studying as i am, and was wondering if there is a forum where PC engineers talk or in the field as i would like to know what fields can your build a career in?

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

well the text book im learning from is an 8 in 1 meaning 8 editions so hopefully i come across that, but i had computers in my life since pentium two and messed around with hardware seen how everything operates iv attained quite abit of knowledge through the years but still got a long way to go.

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Thanks dude atleast there are people out there doing this ha ha ha :na:

I built my first pc back in january, and I've since progressed to wanting to make some money on the side cleaning, modding and possibly repairing, so was looking for stuff to learn when I found that site, funny bits, handy bits and if you message the guy I'm sure he's nice to get on with judging by his writing :)
Good luck in your 'proper' studies, I'm just after enough knowledge to earn a new bike :p
Moto

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Yeah im not one for software doesn't really interest me, its the way things tick in that box, the fun of fixing it when its broke etc. im mad about it,lol

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Well what happens if i told you my case is very similar to how yours looks?, just without the memory cooling fan, And my psu sits a the the bottom of the case, il upload some pics later and create a thread called new modds probably threads like that but look out for it

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Hey if your interested in another hardcore thread that shouldn't have gone that way,lol,Click on forums,CPU and COMPONENTS look for the thread No need right now for a core i series its become a hit,lol