I cannot see anything on the screen when I turn on the computer, no loading screen, no startup, all my monitor does is flash the power button. I have not installed any software and it does not have a operating system. Monitor is turned on and the computer is turned on as well, fans are working and so are lights emitting from the optical, USB's work and my keyboard is connected, I try pressing ctrl + alt + delete and the sequence of sounds change as I press them. My monitor is working 100% and I've tried connecting the VGA to my laptop and it works perfectly, I even tried the DVI cable connecting to the tower and still not working.
Here are my parts:
LG 16X DVD-ROM Optical Drive SATA Black OEM
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT DVD OEM
1. Do you have a case speaker? Any beeps?
2. Did you try breadboarding yet?
3. Are you absolutely sure everything is connected? EX, 4 pin to MOBO and 6 pin to GPU.
4. Make sure you're using a DVI cable to connect monitor to GPU, and that monitor is set to receive DVI input.
5. If all above doesn't work, you need to start swapping out components with known good ones. Start with PSU, then GPU, then RAM, then CPU and MOBO.
1. No case speaker, no beeps
2. No I did not because I did not build this myself and I do not want to mess it up
3. 8 pin to MOBO, 6 pin to GBU check
4. I tried that, I'll try that again, what do you mean connect it to the GPU? Sorry I'm not very good at this, GPU is that the graphics card?
Yes, GPU (graphics processing unit) is the graphics cards
By connecting the 6 pin cable to the GPU he means connect the 6 pin PCI-express connector from the PSU(Power supply unit) to the GPU where the plug is located. In this case the power plug of the 5770 is located in front of it
take a look at this picture http://www.elitebastards.com/hanners/sapphire/57x0/imag...