ASUS P5E problems after bios update

Hi, i have asus P5E 1333 FSB, intel X38/ICH9R.

i have updated bios from 0107 to 1201, update went well,but was having problems(wasn't stable), so i downgraded to version 1102,
update went well again,but after computer restarted (after update), it wont start (no post at all). fans just start spinning and after
1 second it's restarting and so on.. i checked my RAM memory (all seems fine), but now 2 slots doesn't work (dimm_A1 & dimm_A2).
so trying to boot with 1 RAM stick and it's restarting in A1 & A2, but when i put RAM stick into B1 & B2 it works (well fans work and seems
everything should work) but nothing appears on screen. tried remove battery and clear cmos (CLRTC_sw) switch. motherboard light is green.

so just want to know if it's bios chip problem. any suggestions ? i realy need some help here :)
2 answers Last reply
More about asus problems bios update
  1. Boot with the motherboard CD in the drive as that will flash the board to the BIOS on the CD if it is corrupted.
  2. I tried everything, it's not booting at all. it just switches on for 1 second and keep restarting itself... i contacted my mate, he suggested that need reprogramming bios via PSI. so found guy on ebay who does this job (only for ASUS boards) for £12.99 +£6.50 postage. so sending my mobo tomorrow and will see what will hapen :) fingers crossed :) will let you now if it's fixed on Thursday or Friday. maybe someone will have same problems like me...

thank you :o
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus BIOS