New Build

ycr_net

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Hey friends this is the machine I'm going to assemble, But I have some complications in selecting the mother board and the VGA, here are the Details....Please Help me with the Mother Board and the VGA...........If u have new suggestions I'm open for new ones as well..........

PROCESSOR: Inter Core i5-750 2.66Ghz

MOTHER BOARD: INTEL-DP55WB or Asus P7P55M OR ASUS P7P55D

RAM: kIGSTON DDR3 4GB

HDD: Samsung SATA 1 TB

CASIN: In-win x-fighter with 550w power supply
http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?id=111

VGA: EVGA GTS 250 or Asus 9800GT or Asus GTS 250 or Asus EAH5770

Really appriciate your help guys,,,,This machine will cost around 900++$ in my country...........

Solution
The only real difference between the Gigabyte and the Asus is that the Gigabyte only has a single PCIe 2.0 slot. That means you will only be able to run one graphics card. It's not a case of one being better than the other. The two boards have different uses. Both are excellent, and the choice depends on your needs.

There are nVidia cards at that price range, but they aren't better than the HD 5770. Right now, unless you're running a lot of Auto CAD and other non-gaming programs, nothing nVidia offers is attractive. Their cards are more expensive and less powerful. They require a larger PSU to run and generate a lot more heat. Finally, they're all using old tech (excluding the GTX 470 and 480), so they're going to be obsolete...
Don't post the same question twice.

You might also want to follow the guidelines. We need to know what the budget is and other information. The link is in my signature.

The first thing I'll point out is that Intel makes poor quality motherboards. You'd be much better off getting the Asus P7P55D-E Pro. It's high quality and very future proof.

Second, don't skimp on the PSU. The ones that come with cases are very low quality, with Antec being the only exception. Spend some extra and get something good from Corsair, Antec, SeaSonic or Silverstone.

Finally, you definitely want to get the 5770. It's the only current generation card in that list.

EDIT: My signature isn't showing up, so here's the How to Ask For New Build Advice thread.

ycr_net

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

There isn't much of a difference between different brands of GPUs. Still, the GTS 250 is a very weak card right now. I would highly recommend stepping up to the 5770 if you want any kind of graphics power.

If you only want to run a single GPU, you'll only need 450-550W, and you should look at the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3P as the motherboard. If you want the ability to add a second one down the line, you'll need a 650W PSU.

I assume you're asking about Kingston/Corsair RAM. Really, they're both decent quality. Here in the US, Corsair is pretty expensive, so I tend to recommend avoiding them. The only brand I truly avoid is OCZ because they're sticks are know to have compatibility issues with many boards. Just pick up a 2x2 GB kit that runs at 1600 mhz and CAS Latency 7. Go with whatever is cheapest.

ycr_net

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Thnx alot, I'll try to get the ATI card and are there any Nvidia cards which I can bye for around 190$,,,,,,,,no I'm not going to go for crossfire or SLI,,,,,and I'm not planning to use very High res. as well........thnks for your advice, I'll go for Kigston Ram it has lifetime waranty as well........

ycr_net

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
If you only want to run a single GPU, you'll only need 450-550W, and you should look at the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3P as the motherboard.

Hey is this Mother Bord Better than than the ASUS P7P55D-Pro???????

The only real difference between the Gigabyte and the Asus is that the Gigabyte only has a single PCIe 2.0 slot. That means you will only be able to run one graphics card. It's not a case of one being better than the other. The two boards have different uses. Both are excellent, and the choice depends on your needs.

There are nVidia cards at that price range, but they aren't better than the HD 5770. Right now, unless you're running a lot of Auto CAD and other non-gaming programs, nothing nVidia offers is attractive. Their cards are more expensive and less powerful. They require a larger PSU to run and generate a lot more heat. Finally, they're all using old tech (excluding the GTX 470 and 480), so they're going to be obsolete very soon.

Solution

ycr_net

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
There are nVidia cards at that price range, but they aren't better than the HD 5770. Right now, unless you're running a lot of Auto CAD and other non-gaming programs, nothing nVidia offers is attractive. Their cards are more expensive and less powerful. They require a larger PSU to run and generate a lot more heat. Finally, they're all using old tech (excluding the GTX 470 and 480), so they're going to be obsolete very soon.[/quotemsg]

U are correct I guess, http://www.techspot.com/review/263-nvidia-geforce-gtx-480/page6.html

Thanks I think I will go with the Asus Bord and for the ATI Card,

Thanks alot for your kindness,,,,,,,Best regard,,,,,,,,,Thanks again