Mass effect 2 overheats gpu to 115 degrees celsius

G

my temp is in the 80s when im exploring, but in battles it goes from 100 to 115, and then it crashes, shutting down my pc or the game crashes, whats wrong? my idle temp is only in the 60s, its used to be in the 50s though, and i leave my computer on all night for half year but i turn off my monitor. somehow when i play alot like a few hours, it heats up to 110, but when i minimize the game it drops to 90s.
Is it okay if i just leave it like this, because even games like crysis doesnt heat over 85

G

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 2.5GHZ
XFX Radeon 4890 1gb
500WATTS PSW
Other stuff idk

First, i looked at my case inside, i dont see any dust and when i blow it there was only a little,
the temp just raise super high when i started playing bioshock 2 and mass effect 2, my idle temp went up from 52c to 68c
some times it goes up to 80s when im opening alot of programs

and somehow my internet is slowing down like *** i cant play games with high ping
I ALSO ASKED SOME OTHER PEOPLE AND THEIR TEMPS ARE HIGH LIKE MINE BUT THEY DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS

G

NOW EVEN WITH MY GAME CLOSED, THE TEMP STAYS AT:

tempsyu.jpg

G

idk what your talking about, now im trying to play gta4 then ill see the temps

G

I see the temps are about the same, now i think that the change in temps must be the tuneup utilities i had installed,it told me to change something and i just pressed ok, cant undo
tempti.jpg

no artifacts from atitool, something is messed up.

You need to look up how to apply and clean compound. With out knowing that much of our advice is pointless. Second take the card out and attempt to clean the dust that is there even if it seams to not be much there. Third make sure all your fans are working properly and if there is an empty space for one get one. Fourth what brand and model is your psu, just saying wattage alone is never enough. I have seen projector lamps that had that wattage rating.

buy some compressed gas ($5) and fire that stuff down your GPU heat sink. In my old PC I didn't clean the GPU out - didn't even think about it - and after a couple years I broke it while gaming. So, I took it out and took it apart to see if anything melted or whatever, and there was dust blocking about half the heat sink channels. If you can, remove the heat sink cover and see for yourself. If not, just try blowing compressed gas down it.

G

also, my pc temp gets up to 80 but then it goes down to 70, but the first time i open my ccc, the temp is always lower than 50 but in one second it goes to 70s
i also need to know if its related to opening my computer up and not turning the monitor off on some days i forgot because my temps while browsing the web is dropping to low 60s now once i shut down my pc at night

G

thermaltake black widow

G

i see no dust, however when i was checking, a bunch of wires that existed inside the case was touched by me, and then when i tried to boot up my computer, it said"reboot and selecct proper boot device", then when i tried to put my recovery disk in, it said i didnt have a hard drive, i must did something, i checked, nothing's unplugged...

G

Well where? I uninstalled my driver and tried to reinstall it until my monitor wasn't responding so i restarted my computer, that could be why,im trying to plug those leftover cables atm.

G

will restarting over and over and touching the parts harm the computer
i also need specific instructions on the sata cables, now the computer wont even turn on..

No it shouldn't unless you rough house your hardware. The one thing I hate about sata is the cables and connectors. One the sata cable doesn't bend that well and is rather stiff. Second a stiff cable with lose fitting connectors they can come unplugged while the connectors them selves are very fragile and can break. When you go to insert the cable gently apply force to ware it locks but not to much or with a side to side wiggle movement or it may break. The drive its self you need to be even more careful. This is why I am still using older IDE drives as well they are more reliable. Lol IDE nunchucks.

G

Its working now, but the gpu is still overheating, 55c with fan speed to 100% while browsing web, 68c with fan speed to auto(60% to 70%)

G

i just played me2 for almost 2 hours, the temps was close to 100, however once i closed the game, it dropped way down to low 60s, same when i minimize the game