  • Configuration
  • Servers
  • Windows XP
February 22, 2005 10:21:06 AM

About once a day for the past three days, my 'server' (really a pc acting as
a server) has restarted itself. I have a small office with three
workstations plus one server. When it starts back up, everything runs fine,
and there is no error message. By the way, the temperature inside the box is
fine. I went to the event log to try to figure out what is going on, and
found the following entry:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 2/4/2005
Time: 8:54:39 AM
User: N/A
Computer: NEWHWSERVER
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a
(0x044b3e6e, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804f597f). A dump was saved in:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020405-01.dmp.

Obviously, i want to take steps to keep this from continuing - any
suggestions? Thanks!

--
J. McClain

More about : unexpected restart acting server win pro

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 7:41:25 PM

"J. McClain" <JMcClain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This actually happened a couple of weeks ago - I had posted this in a
>general discussion folder, and never got a response. In the meantime, I
>found out about the box to 'uncheck' to 'automatically restart the computer'.
> I had already unchecked it, and thought that fixed it.

This does not fix anything, it will just make Windows display the
error message that leaded to the system crahs instead of automatically
restarting the system.

Start here: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1003.

--
(tm)