ATI 10.4 Driver Crashes On Batman, RE5 and Videos

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
So just last night I wanted to install the ATI 10.4 Driver to update my system from ATI Driver 10.3 and I notice a lot of issues.
Well lets start off with the basic and common fact of a computer freezing up on me. Yes, each time I will play Batman: Arkham Asylum within 20 minutes of playing the game or other game like Resident Evil 5 at time as well but not as much as Batman.
It will freeze just for a moment and then freeze the computer completed. Doesn't that suck while you're in a middle of a gameplay? I'd believe So if I must say but then I try to see if my Overclock was the factor here but that clearly wasn't the issue either. Then I want to see one thing first and what I've done was restart the computer and reset the BIOS to Default settings stock. So I boot the system up and then playing the game again for about 20 to 22 minutes the game freeze up on me for a third time and then I knew all along that the Driver for the ATI 5000 Series was causing the issues with the game.
The best thing I've done was to un-installed the 10.4 and restart and re-install 10.3 Driver from ATI. (Not 10.3a or 10.3b Drivers)

Now I restarted the system again and go to my BIOS and load my save O.C settings and right away when I started to Play Batman: Arkham Asylum that there isn't any issues for over 40 minutes. Well point of this story is if anyone out there is having some 10.4 driver issues then I will roll back a Driver to 10.3
Now the system is not freezing , by the way is was also freezing while watching videos online.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Oh I am 100% fine with Driver 10.3 and it stable but hat 10.4 I heard and have been reading that there for so many issues with that driver.