Sign in with
Your question

I7 920 - POST say 2,80GHz BIOS is set to 2,60GHz

Last response: in Systems
June 17, 2010 7:20:57 PM

1. Do anyone know why at my POST screen say my CPU run @ 2,80GHz (21 x 133) but in BIOS I have stock setting for my i7 920 (20 x 133 = 2,66GHz). I even reset the CMOS button and still the same. (I have latest BIOS installed)

2. Is there any difference witch DVI connection for monitor should I use?

3. I ordered new HDD SEAGATE ST31000524NS 1TB RAIDEDITION (because =http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288067-13-shutdown-setting-catalyst )
And the question is witch port on the MB do I use SATA2, GSATA2 or GSATA3 if there is any difference with this HDD?

My components:
Win 7 (64 bit)
Gigabyte GA-EX58A-UD3R
Sapphire Radeon HD 5870
Intel Core i7 920
Corsair Dominator DDR3 3x2GB 1600MHz
WD Caviar Green 1 TB :kaola:  soon to be SEAGATE Constellation ES 1 TB RAIDEDITION :bounce: 
Corsair TX-850W 850 W
Samsung DVD
CoolerMaster Centurion 690 II Advanced

Thank you
June 18, 2010 7:36:52 AM

1) Likely because you have turbo enabled, shouldn't be a bad thing unless you want to overclock in which case you should disable turbo to prevent instability and problems pinning your CPU speed now.

2) Not as far as I am aware.

3) Assuming your UD3R is v1.6 like mine, page 8 of the manual shows the Gigabyte SATA2 chip attached to the ICH10R Southbridge through a PCIE 1x bus, wheras the other SATA Ports are straight from the ICH10R itself. I use the 'direct' ports thinking that a shorter/simpler data route might be faster, and I think the GSATA2 is there to provide IDE primarily. If you are feeling game benchmark with CrystalDisk on both ports, but you may have to install more drivers, and the OS might not boot if you just swap the connection to the GSATA2 port,

Check out my thread with rebooting issues if you have time and if you've not had a black-screen reboot, would you be so kind as to tell me your

QPI/Vtt and IOH Voltages

which are in the M.I.T. Section of the BIOS.

Thanks a lot
June 18, 2010 8:55:38 AM

Will do as soon as I get home.
THX for your input and yes I have Turbo (I believe it is default option for the MB or am i mistaken?)

Can you give me the link to "Check out my thread with rebooting issues..."

One more question - If you watch film on monitor should you use DVI connection or should you switch to HDMI? (audio does not mater)

Thanks
Related resources
June 18, 2010 12:42:24 PM

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288216-13-damnable-...

As far as I am aware there is no discerable difference between the quality of image between HDMI and DVI, so i wouldn't bother shutting down and changing the connections over between your box and monitor [if this is what you mean]

To watch films I use the small green jack for stereo on the motherbord's panel, and it sounds pretty good through my audio gear.

I've not restarted my pc today, so I shall have a look at the boot screen later and give you a bit more feedback as there are a few "Performance" options with silly names on the UD3R BIOS which may have something to do with it.

Cheers
June 18, 2010 7:09:21 PM

Voltages

QPI/Vtt 1,2V
and
IOH 1,1V
June 18, 2010 10:36:20 PM

That's really helpful, should be useful information which might be of help to me, thanks! If you have any issues with reboots then that thread might be of use to you.

Setting "Performance Enhance" --> Standard didn't seem to stop the POST screen saying 2.8 21*133, but If you want the answer, download CPU-Z and watch the screen whilst giving your build differing workloads, or a rest!

GfS
!