Sign in with
Your question

Please tell me there is a solution...

Last response: in Storage
August 10, 2012 5:23:01 PM

Hello, My Computer won't boot. Gets to the Windows screen and reboots. Its a Maxtor 500GB from an HP. When plugging into another computer, it recognizes the recovery drive immediately. The Data partition comes up shortly after but when I click on it, it says its not accessible. Its corrupt or unreadable. Computer Manager says its healthy, but I can't access it from there either. Am i S.O.L?

More about : solution

a b α HP
a c 127 G Storage
August 10, 2012 6:16:38 PM

dpanico10 said:
Hello, My Computer won't boot. Gets to the Windows screen and reboots. Its a Maxtor 500GB from an HP. When plugging into another computer, it recognizes the recovery drive immediately. The Data partition comes up shortly after but when I click on it, it says its not accessible. Its corrupt or unreadable. Computer Manager says its healthy, but I can't access it from there either. Am i S.O.L?

you have a few things to fix your error. first it could be a damaged program or driver causing widows to reboot. you should be able to use f8 safe mode and boot into windows. if you get into windows..use msconfig go to start up tab and turn everything off. then go into windows programs..remove your anti virus and video card drivers. those two things load at start up.. also check that you dont have more then one anti virus loaded. if you cant boot int osafe mode..try using system restore and tell windows to go back a week or to the last restore point. if there no restore point. then put in full version of windows install disk and try a system repair if it cant fix your error then have windows install a clean copy of windows and take your damaged copy and calles it windows.bak.
m
l
a b G Storage
August 12, 2012 10:03:23 PM

If you can get into safe mode i would highly recommend you open a command prompt window (start -> run -> cmd) and type chkdsk /r
chkdsk /r will check your drive for basic errors and recover whatever files it can. running this could fix your issue, if not it might be time to look into running recovery software on the drive, wiping it clean and starting again fresh. :fou: 
m
l
Related resources
!