Opinions on cases

drexeus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Was planning on getting the raven 1 or raven 2. Just wanted to know which one you guys would suggest in terms of better cooling. Or if there was another you would suggest. Also would the thermax spire(?) fit in the raven? Plus woukd the enermax 620 eco be good enough for the system with a single 5850 plus mid to heavy oc? Thanks in advance guys.

Edit: apparently it was the spire thermax eclipse.

I have the Raven RV01, bought it over the RV02 because I thought the Megashadow would conflict with the PSU, but it doesn't seem like it would. The RV02 looks pretty cool, and most likely has better cooling. An Enermax 620 should be enough for one HD 5850 & a mild to heavy overclock. You'd probably be better off with the Megahalems or Venomous-X cooler.

drexeus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Im running with an amd system, could i mount the megahalems or venomous x on it? As for case looks like ill be getting the rv02 plus the 620 enermax psu.

Edit: found an antec earthwatts 650 for approx $20 less..should i switch to that? Both are 80 plus.

AMW1011

Distinguished
If you can wait a while, see if you can wait for the RV02-E to come out. It will be slightly bigger and will come with Silverstone's Air Penetrator fans, which cost $75 for three. These fans improve the cooling a lot.

drexeus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Thanks amw1011, when would the tentative date of release be?hopefully it would arrive here in japan early.

Edit: @davcon thanks for the advise on the cooler. Was wondering about the noctua nh14(?). Would that be good too?

drexeus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Do you guys think it would be better for me to play around with my current case (smilodon) for now (put holes for fans on top, paint the inside black) and wait for the rv02-e. The second choice would be to dive into the rv02 now. Suggestions?