Anyone here know much about motherboard RMA's?

I only RMA'd a video card about 6 years ago, but I'm not sure how they work. Basically I'm wondering if my 2 products will be covered in an RMA.

I have a motherboard and video card that I bought (not positive on manufacturer date, but it's a 3 year warranty on both) and for whatever reason the video card fried my motherboard. I'm wondering if my motherboard and video card will have success when I RMA them, or if I should even bother.

I'm not sure whats wrong with the video card but I'm sure I did nothing to cause it. I don't know if there is ESD damage or not, but what do you guys think the outcome of an RMA would be if I did one?
2 answers Last reply
More about anyone motherboard
  1. If there are still under Mfg's warranty then you need to start ticket(s) with the corresponding Mfg's 'RMA' links. The process is pretty simple and can take 1~4 weeks to fully complete; average is 2~3 weeks.

You 'might' want to see is a new PSU is the 'fix' before assuming Electro Static Discharge or 'other' damage.

Q - What's going on? {yeah, I assume it's not working}

If your PC was 'erratic' start/stops then chances are a faulty PSU...
  2. It's definitely not the PSU. Not only is it fairly new, but I've tested it with 2 different power supply testers and all turns out good.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Graphics Cards