Sign in with
Your question

I have a 5-years-old Dell XPS Gen 5 with ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 11, 2010 4:12:29 PM

I have a 5-years-old Dell XPS Gen 5 with ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum. I do not seem to be experiencing any issue but Norton 360 says "ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum - Device Cannot Start (Code 10)." Device manager shows no problems and says this device is working properly.

Display Adaptors
...............................MovRVDrv32
...............................RADEON X850 XT Platinum Edition

I purchased Premiere Elements 8 and it kept crashing. Could this be the problem. I have two gigs of RAM.

Any suggestion for a resolution to this issue will be greatly appreciated. :hello:  :hello: 
May 12, 2010 2:16:50 PM

What driver version are you using?
m
l
May 12, 2010 2:17:48 PM

Minifly said:
What driver version are you using?

m
l
Related resources
May 12, 2010 3:49:30 PM

Maybe try various troubleshooting techniques first. Maybe shut down Norton then try and run Premier, or try shutting down several tasks and try again. Maybe even try and boot in safe mode and attempt to make it crash.

Try and rule out software before you blame hardware, because software conflicts are a ton easier to fix than hardware issues. And, if were a hardware issue i would assume that you would be experiencing a lot more problems than the one you described.

Also Norton... Well Norton sucks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but i can't stand that program.
m
l
May 12, 2010 3:52:41 PM

Trueno07 said:
Maybe try various troubleshooting techniques first. Maybe shut down Norton then try and run Premier, or try shutting down several tasks and try again. Maybe even try and boot in safe mode and attempt to make it crash.

Try and rule out software before you blame hardware, because software conflicts are a ton easier to fix than hardware issues. And, if were a hardware issue i would assume that you would be experiencing a lot more problems than the one you described.

Also Norton... Well Norton sucks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but i can't stand that program.

Thanks Trueno07,

Good advice and I will follow-up on your suggestions.
m
l
!