Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 start up password cant remember

Last response: in Windows 7
October 31, 2011 3:20:54 AM

Hello, i inherited my brothers laptop a hp windows 7 and i cant ask him for the pass word because he died. is there any way i can recover it or change it?

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 31, 2011 6:53:04 AM

If your late brother put a hint under his password entry box, you might guess at it from that. If he didn't do that and didn't make a password reset disk, you have no choice but to put another Operating System in over the top of Windows 7, wiping it out completely.

A decent Linux OS could be free of charge but Windows 7 could cost you about £80 in the UK - have a look at your local Amazon website.

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 1, 2011 1:56:02 AM

I've recovered a few using Ophcrack before - Download the Live cd version burn it to a CD and then go into Bios to make sure the System boots from the CD drive first - shut down put the CD in and run it.

If that doesn't work probably will need to reformat\reinstall to get it working.
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 1, 2011 12:32:08 PM

GARYD56K said:
Hello, i inherited my brothers laptop a hp windows 7 and i cant ask him for the pass word because he died. is there any way i can recover it or change it?

GARYD56K I'd try what saga lout pointed out and/or try to call the laptop manufacture and ask for a recovery copy disc.
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 1, 2011 12:55:01 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 1, 2011 12:55:14 PM

Best answer selected by nikorr.
!