Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

HD5770 OC HIS IceQ Edition

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 11, 2010 7:04:32 PM

just got one of these cards HIS5770 OC IceQ Edition anyone ever heard or used one didn't seem to be worth anymore money for being OCed 9.37% but it was only 16$ more than the XFX model.... so i just got it before i relized i did no research on the card and all i want to play is AVP at 1080p DX11 max settings anyone got some insight for some problems i might have?

More about : hd5770 iceq edition

May 11, 2010 7:08:46 PM

Q6600 2.4Gz (easy OC to 3.2Gz)
OCZ intel extreme 4g 1066 (easy OC to 1333)
WD 7200 rpm 32MB (320 x 2)
Toshiba Regza 1080p 120hz (fake 120hz) 40"
P45 gigabyte Mobo non SLI
HAF 932 AIRcooled
8400GS soon to be OC 5770 HIS IceQ EDT.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2010 7:17:42 PM

Your not going to max out AVP with that card, you will have to loose some eye candy to get 30 to 40 fps at your monitors native rez.



m
0
l
Related resources
May 11, 2010 7:27:34 PM

Well atleast i feel it should keep me going, should be a big boost form my 256 MB 8400gs
m
0
l
May 11, 2010 7:29:32 PM

Niklas_13 said:
Your not going to max out AVP with that card, you will have to loose some eye candy to get 30 to 40 fps at your monitors native rez.



Thanks, it was all the money i had left and i just got the game so i didn't care if i could just play it at a decent level
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2010 7:58:37 PM

Yeah it will play it fine you might just have to turn down shadows and AA a bit but the HD 5770 it a good card, or just lower your rez some.
m
0
l
May 11, 2010 8:40:19 PM

Niklas_13 said:
Yeah it will play it fine you might just have to turn down shadows and AA a bit but the HD 5770 it a good card, or just lower your rez some.



Negitive on the lower REZ. i got a 300" DLP projector and its calling my name LOL, i just want to play the game and it look better than what i would see on XBOX im trying to get my friends off XBOX and on PC and the only way i can show them is to get the good stuff and show them how much better it could look on PC than console.... but its all good just talked to my brother says he will buy the card off me when im ready to sell for 150$ and ill use that money on a 5870 or higher

Wish i got more comments on blue screen issues or any bugs but i guess nobody has ever seen this card id never heard of a OC 5770 factory
m
0
l
May 19, 2010 4:44:39 PM

Niklas_13 said:
Yeah it will play it fine you might just have to turn down shadows and AA a bit but the HD 5770 it a good card, or just lower your rez some.




Question, I got the card and i turned everything on AVP to the max setting how can i test how many FPS im getting because it is blasting through this game seems like its flawless at the moment but i havent had a chance to play online yet
m
0
l

Best solution

May 19, 2010 6:51:08 PM

Lucky you, my game CTD every time a story event triggers. So far very disappointed (including excluding the crashes). MP is so-so, I'm personally not a huge fan of the large focus on melee. Also the one hit-kill deal is very cheese puff and leads to comical death chains of pred/aliens laying on each others backs. To answer you question you can download FRAPS for free I believe. Not only that you can benchmark with it. Although you may have to pay to enable the benchmark feature.
Share
May 19, 2010 7:30:19 PM

bildo123 said:
Lucky you, my game CTD every time a story event triggers. So far very disappointed (including excluding the crashes). MP is so-so, I'm personally not a huge fan of the large focus on melee. Also the one hit-kill deal is very cheese puff and leads to comical death chains of pred/aliens laying on each others backs. To answer you question you can download FRAPS for free I believe. Not only that you can benchmark with it. Although you may have to pay to enable the benchmark feature.



Thanks for the DL info, Not sure what my be the issue with your game... are you using 64 bit if so id make sure you installed correctly i had a similar issue but it was all OE and i needed to re-install the game and update steam... didn't take long... i will want to benchmark this IceQ5770 seems like ive under est. by alot.... and i think if i can learn how to better OC i might have me a nice gaming rig

Total cost of my finally fishied Gaming PC .01c short of $600 + the 600$ Toshiba i got to go with it so im happy :-)

m
0
l
May 19, 2010 7:30:39 PM

Best answer selected by hotyamaha06.
m
0
l
May 20, 2010 4:19:35 PM

hotyamaha06 said:
Thanks for the DL info, Not sure what my be the issue with your game... are you using 64 bit if so id make sure you installed correctly i had a similar issue but it was all OE and i needed to re-install the game and update steam... didn't take long... i will want to benchmark this IceQ5770 seems like ive under est. by alot.... and i think if i can learn how to better OC i might have me a nice gaming rig

Total cost of my finally fishied Gaming PC .01c short of $600 + the 600$ Toshiba i got to go with it so im happy :-)


I think I'll take your suggestion on the reinstall. I was just lazy about it because I don't have the disks as I'm 100% through steam on it, meaning a very long download/install process, probably should just start it before work...Thanks again, and glad you found what you were looking for.
m
0
l
!