Just Received my ASUS P8P67 Replacement Motherboard

islandwest

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hello,
FedEx just dropped off my B3 revision P8P67 Board. ASUS threw in a set of HS-101 earbuds in the package. Not terribly impressed after the pain in the rear RMA process and now having to tear apart my system, (built 1/20/2011). Why they didn't upgrade users to the Deluxe model is beyond me. I won;t be early adopting anything in the future.

Solution

lol

You should have done the RMA through your retailer. If you did and it was still a pain in the rear, then you bought from the wrong retailer. NewEgg has been great this whole time, keeping people up to date with E-Mails and offering three different options for replacement.

You would expect a company to upgrade all of the recalled board users to the most expensive common model...

lol

You should have done the RMA through your retailer. If you did and it was still a pain in the rear, then you bought from the wrong retailer. NewEgg has been great this whole time, keeping people up to date with E-Mails and offering three different options for replacement.

You would expect a company to upgrade all of the recalled board users to the most expensive common model they sell? Seriously? They're a business, and that'll never happen. Maybe if the problem was their fault or something, but not in this case.

As far as early adopting goes, we all live and learn. Some are now like you, and won't ever do it in the future. A few are like me -- this was my first time, and it wasn't bad at all. I get to enjoy the superb performance of the newest CPUs and I get a brand new board after only having this one for two months. I'll do it again.

Solution

islandwest

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

Your words are well-spoken! It was just my initial "What the heck is this?" moment when I saw the small earbud pack. I have not fully tested the new board, as I have traveling for business. So far so good. The UEFI Overclock gave me boot issues with the first board. This one appears to be more stable. I absolutely love the Core i5-2500k...great CPU.

I got the word from NewEgg about an RMA the day after I gave ASUS my credit Card number! OH well, I have the new board and things appear, at this point, to have turned out all right. Thanks for your insight. This forum has been a great help and I appreciate the input of everyone who contributes. Cheers!

islandwest

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

Sorry to hear of your issues. I have not experienced this issue, although I have not fully tested every part of the board's capabilities yet. I like ASUS boards and I hope your situation gets worked out. So far, no network issues.

chadclifton

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
I now get:

Reboot and select proper boot device
Or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

And I didn't even reboot, seems ot happen over night when I'm not looking. I have tried the OS SSD in the 3g and 6g SATA ports.