Question about codes?

SR

I do not know much about them,nor do I use them that often. But their
are times like jumping over large areas or fighting off lots of big
foes, when codes can come in handy.

IMHO,better to use a code then to give up the whole game.

1) Are codes the samething as cheats?

2) The people who create the games, do they give out the codes or is it
the players that discovers them while playing?

3) Do codes for TR1 work for all TR games?

4) If playing TR1 (made for PS1), will the same codes also work on a PS2
machine?

5) How do people feel about codes?

6) Where can you get them for free?

Thanks, SR!

SR wrote:
> I do not know much about them,nor do I use them that often. But their
> are times like jumping over large areas or fighting off lots of big
> foes, when codes can come in handy.
>
> IMHO,better to use a code then to give up the whole game.
>
> 1) Are codes the samething as cheats?

Yes

> 2) The people who create the games, do they give out the codes or is it
> the players that discovers them while playing?

I would have thought probably the game makers release them

> 3) Do codes for TR1 work for all TR games?

They change through the different games

> 4) If playing TR1 (made for PS1), will the same codes also work on a PS2
> machine?

No

> 5) How do people feel about codes?

Fine

> 6) Where can you get them for free?

Google

SR wrote:

> I do not know much about them,nor do I use them that often. But their
> are times like jumping over large areas or fighting off lots of big
> foes, when codes can come in handy.
>
> IMHO,better to use a code then to give up the whole game.
>
> 1) Are codes the samething as cheats?

Yes. They let you break the rules of the game. That's what cheating means.

> 2) The people who create the games, do they give out the codes or is it
> the players that discovers them while playing?

I've never really thought about that. I suppose the game designers give
them to websites like IGN and then they get out to the gamer community.
Some of these codes are just too complicated for me to believe the
gamers figure them out. There's too many possibilities.

> 3) Do codes for TR1 work for all TR games?

No, they change from game to game. (Old codes have been known to make
Lara explode!)

> 4) If playing TR1 (made for PS1), will the same codes also work on a PS2
> machine?

I don't see why not. The codes are written into the game, not the console.

> 5) How do people feel about codes?

Cheating at a video game isn't really the same as cheating at a board
game or a sport (multiplayer excluded!) If you're the only person
playing the game, you're the only person who stands to lose anything.
The only thing you really deprive yourself of is the satisfaction of
"earning" the ending, and if you can live with that, more power to you.
Personally I prefer to beat games fair and square, but if I
absolutely can't do it, I will resort to cheat codes. I just don't have
the kind of time I used to when I was younger.

> 6) Where can you get them for free?

Google for them, there are plenty of free websites out there that will
tell you. (My personal favourite is GameFAQs.)