Favorites on the desktop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 11, 2010 9:32:13 PM

Hello,
How do I put the "Favorites" icon on my desktop

More about : favorites desktop

a b U Graphics card
May 11, 2010 10:00:02 PM

Right mouse click -> Send to -> Desktop (create a shortcut)
m
l
May 27, 2010 1:58:08 AM

WR2 said:

Thanks for answering my question about how to put "Favorites Icon" on my desktop.

There is no "send to" when I write click on the icon. Am I supposed to click on it some place else? You may answer me dirictly if you have time.

NancyC4153@comcast.net
m
l
Related resources
June 3, 2010 5:58:13 PM

When I right click I don't get "Send To". I get information about the Menu Bar
m
l
June 3, 2010 5:59:50 PM

WR2 said:

Please tell me what to do now. It would be so convenient to have Favorites on the desktop. :-)
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
June 3, 2010 7:07:14 PM

I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding here. If I'm reading you correctly, you want to place your Internet Explorer Favorites onto your desktop. If this is correct, try this (this applies to Windows 7 and IE8:

Open Internet Explorer
Click on Favorites
Click the down-arrow next to "Add to Favorites" and select "Import and Export"
Select Export to a File and click Next
Check Favorites and click Next
Select the folder you want on your desktop and click Next
Enter the path to your desktop (c:\users\{user account}\desktop) and click the Export button.

This procedure creates file on your desktop called bookmarks.htm. Opening that file opens a web page listing all of your saved favorites.

Hope this helps.

-Wolf sends
m
l
June 13, 2010 1:48:45 AM

There is no "down-arrow" next to "Add to Favorites" . Therefore there is no " Import and Export". I'm stymied.

Tom wants me to choose an answer for my problem, but I can not. Nothing will work, it seems.

Perhaps I have too many tool bars to be efficient. Thanks for offering your help.
m
l
June 30, 2010 6:10:39 AM

NancyC4153 said:
Thanks for answering my question about how to put "Favorites Icon" on my desktop.

There is no "send to" when I write click on the icon. Am I supposed to click on it some place else? You may answer me dirictly if you have time.

NancyC4153@comcast.net

Probably your registry is corrupted. The other way is to right click and hold on the icon (of whatever program you want to bring it to the desktop, any where - be it in the start menu or in a file folder) and drag it to the desktop. A menu will appear and click on 'Create shortcuts here'.
m
l
!