NINTENDO

Hello everyone: I once had Super Nintendo. I played Yoshi Island a lot.

Then I gave it away and moved on PS1. I am thinking about getting a
Nintendo system again because I still like playing those old games.
But first I need to understand the different Nintendo systems.

Which system came first, second & third? Or greater? (Dates?)

Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GameCube?

Can any Nintendo cartriges play on any Nintendo system?

Can any Nintendo controller plug into any Nintendo system?

Are their any Tomb Raider games for any of the Nintendo systems? Are
the games the same as for Playstation?

Thanks, SR!
3 answers Last reply
More about nintendo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    SR wrote:

    > Are their any Tomb Raider games for any of the Nintendo systems? Are
    > the games the same as for Playstation?

    Apart from the GameBoy one, I don't think so.

    JW
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from SR was heard, at about
    04/13/2005 02:16 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > Hello everyone: I once had Super Nintendo. I played Yoshi Island a lot.
    >
    > Then I gave it away and moved on PS1. I am thinking about getting a
    > Nintendo system again because I still like playing those old games.
    > But first I need to understand the different Nintendo systems.
    >
    > Which system came first, second & third? Or greater? (Dates?)
    >
    > Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GameCube?
    >
    > Can any Nintendo cartriges play on any Nintendo system?
    >
    > Can any Nintendo controller plug into any Nintendo system?
    >
    > Are their any Tomb Raider games for any of the Nintendo systems? Are
    > the games the same as for Playstation?
    >
    > Thanks, SR!

    You might try looking for a Nintendo group to ask most of these
    questions. I'm too lazy to go look them up for you, but someone here
    *might* know.

    You could always try the Nintendo site
    (http://www.nintendo.com/systems), or Google (http://www.google.com).

    To my knowledge TR has never been released on the full Nintendo system.
    It appears that the Gameboy has a couple of TR ("side scrolling") games
    but the plots appear to be completely different from the PC games.

    ---
    PW
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    SR wrote:

    > Which system came first, second & third? Or greater? (Dates?)
    >
    > Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GameCube?

    You have them in order.

    > Can any Nintendo cartriges play on any Nintendo system?

    No, games only work on the system they were designed for. The notable
    exception is GameBoy. The GBA-SP is the newest GameBoy so far and it
    can run any older GameBoy games as well as its own.

    > Can any Nintendo controller plug into any Nintendo system?

    No. Nor would there be any reason to, since the number of buttons is
    different on each.

    > Are their any Tomb Raider games for any of the Nintendo systems? Are
    > the games the same as for Playstation?

    There are three Tomb Raider games out for GameBoy (Cursed Sword,
    Prophecy and another one I can't remember.) I haven't played any of
    them myself, but they appear to be side-scrolling games, so I would say
    "No, they aren't the same."

Games Nintendo Video Games