Problems with radeon 5670

G

i have an ati 5670HD 10.4 drivers installed
whenever i go and try to watch any internet videos(youtube metacafe etc) on full screen my screen blacks out
sometimes it say that amd drivers have crashed and recovered and some other times it just goes black and needs a restart?
what can i do to fix that does anyone know??

G

even worse woth the older the pointer gets bigger and its worse

fpoama

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Have you tried reinstalling your drivers?
Could maybe try version 10.3 and see if you have any luck.
Could also try and reseat the card to make sure it has a proper connection.
I haven't had any issue with my 5670.
Do you have normal temps?

joegwiz

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
I'm experiencing a similar problem with my 5670, and in my case, I think it may be due to the card not being fully backward compatible with the motherboard's PCI-E 1.1 slot. The card is advertised at PCI-E 2.1. What is the make and model of your motherboard?

joegwiz

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Just replaced my motherboard with one that has a PCI-E 2.0 slot on it. So far, my problem has not cropped up again, so it looks like the HD 5670 is not 100% backward compatible with PCI-E 1.0 or 1.1 slots.

joegwiz

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
In troubleshooting my issue, updating the BIOS had no effect. Even after ensuring that I was using the most current BIOS, I still got system blackout problem.

xamire

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010

There are several ATI cards that have the "gray screen of death" thing going on, and even bsod sometimes. I have a good feeling you're probably much smarter than most people at ATI, and this is, in fact, the major problem with many of their chipsets.
They keep saying they're working on the problem, but they really have no clue WHAT the problem is.

We need to somehow get this info over to ATI so they can stop being retarded when making their chipsets for other companies graphic cards.