Problem with LG HXD2 500gb Hd

I'll have to assume your referring to an "external" hard drive, correct?

Ensure it's not a drive-letter issue (ie you may need to assign one manually). This often happens with external storage devices. Go into "Disk Management" and look for the ribbon which represents that drive in the bottom-right pane. It will have no name and may be referred to as "Raw".

Right-click it and choose "Change Drive Letter & Paths".
Then click "New".
Choose a letter from the alphabet drop-down.
Click 'OK'

Dr_JRE

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
You will have to be a lot more descriptive than that.

1) does the BIOS see the drive? (see manufactures site about accessing and changing BIOS settings)
2)Does disk management see the drive? (Right click My Computer, Select Manage, Click Disk Management) If you see your LG HXD2, right click and select assign drive letter. now pick a letter and say okay.

if that doesnt help, you'll need to post more information. for instance, what ur seeing / not seeing / whats happening / not happening.

TomSt

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013

Hi Dr JRE,

I have a similar problem to Andre's with the LG HXD2 320 Gb.

Mine is the BIOS not reading it - I saved a system image to the HDD from the computer, but now I want to go back to that system image, the BIOS (or mode in which the recovery operates on a Lenovo) can't see the image.

You mention changing BIOS settings -
The USB configuration options (including USB UEFI BIOS support) are all enabled, except for the 'Always on charge in off mode' option'.

Can you help further please?

Thanks,
Tom

TRENDING THREADS