First time build!!! Check out Mah parts...

blaqzero

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Begin the banter!!!!

You can do whatever you wish with your money but 2/3 of these "I just build my computer and something is wrong" threads are from people doing their first build or one of their first builds. Why risk tanking components worth hundreds of dollars because of a newbie mistake?

I just think its a much better idea to cut your teeth on a cheapie build. Grab some old spare parts and a few cheapies to fill the gaps.

My first build was $150 total and the REAL system which came a month later was so much better off for it. Better parts selection, better assembly skills, better everything.

So my feeling is, if your going to spend $1000+ on a quality system then invest $150 to get yourself a little hand on experience. But that just my 2 cents.

blaqzero

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Thanks!!! The system is running superb. Best rig I've ever used. I've built several but I only posted this as a new rig just in case I had trouble and would recieved unbiased answers to my questions. But I can see no matter how I state it there are still haters like FALCON that can't stand that someone has a better rig than him :).

I'm actually posting this one from my new rig FALCON. Don't hate FALCON. I've build six before this. And I'm assuming you joined this forum to help. Don't critique just because you don't have, brother.

AGAIN thank you to those who do show support.

BARTENDALOT: The CPU I'm running is Core i7 930

I will be posting pictures of the complete build.

I just build a new system a month ago. And I don't need other people to tell me if its good or not. I know enough to make that determination myself. Trust me, there is no envy here.

I have watched too many newbie builders damage expensive hardware because they over reached on their initial attempt. The odds are it will work out OK. BUT the greatest chance for serious problem is the FIRST build.

Like I said, people can do what they want. Its their money.

Bartendalot

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I call shenanigans on calling it a first time build then posting that pic as a kind of trolling. Having gotten that off my chest, looking at the components either you did a butt-load of research for a first-timer, or you had some experience.

Awesome rig BLAQZERO... please post overclock numbers/benchmarks once you get around to it. If you were looking to generate envy, you got me!

cygone

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
TBH: Falcon might be an arse, but Mosox is right, thier is 1, if not 2 errors in the build, 3 if you include lack of any cable management.

If this is not yor 1st build, u should be hanging your head, you have chosen components that dont work well with each other.

Bartendalot

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010

Please specify "errors" and components that wont work well together. Otherwise you're not helping anyone or trolling - either is a waste of pixels...

blaqzero

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Runs great to me!!! No issues on install and the cable management in the picture wasn't the final product. Hince the case cover still off. Since then I've replace the 230mm fan with 2 120mm with variable speed control. And what errors have I commited? My temeratures are just fine and everything is dandy.

Its funny... I run 3dmark06 at (every test) 1920x1080, 8 sample aa, anisotropic texture filtering at 16 and still get a score of 21000 without even clocking anything. :)