Lost Linksys CD

twins

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I've recently formatted my laptop and I've lost the CD the came with my Linksys WRT54G Version 6 wireless router. I can't get my wireless to work on the laptop. What can I do?

arcle

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

You should use the ip address of the router to setup even if you have the cd. Over the years Linksys seems to have gone away from informing their users of using a web browser to setup the router, but its still there and is fully functional. I believe the ip address is 192.168.1.1 so type that in your web browser in which the router is connected to through the ethernet cable. You will be prompted for username and password. If my memory serves me correct the username is left blank and the password is "admin" (google to confirm that) If you have changed the security password for the router and forget it push in the reset button on the back for 10sec and try again with the admin password. Then once logged in use the wireless main tab to set the ssid and the wireless security sub tab to set password. Then change the password for the router (the admin password you used to enter these settings) to something else. That can be found under the administration main tab. Hope this gets you started, there is much more settings you can tweak here as well.