OS - Win7, 64bit
CPU - Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.80GHz
GPU - 2560MB GeForce GTX 570
RAM - 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3
MOBO - ASUS P7P55D PRO
This is the hard drive I believe to be failing - 977GB Seagate ST31000526SV ATA Device (SATA)
I've been having issues for the past couple of months with system instability, and I think it either has to do with my hard drive or motherboard. Or possibly connectivity issues between the two. Here are some of the issues I've been having -
- If I force a shutdown, on startup the computer gets looped on Windows Startup logo infinitely, until I decide to restart the computer again.
- Multiple programs (but not all) on hard drive have trouble launching/loading/etc...
- Hard drive randomly disappears after startup.
- If I do not force shutdown, the computer will get stuck on shutdown screen until I press the button on the front of the tower.
Things I've tried to fix these issues -
- Reformatting all hard drives
- Reinstalling Windows
- Dusting (just for the hell of it, lol)
- Trying different SATA ports
I would appreciate any help I can get. I'll probably just end up getting a new hard drive and motherboard because I can't seem to resolve the issue.