Sign in with
Your question

NO SIGNAL FROM GPU...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 12, 2010 8:47:51 AM

hi all. i have a rather old pc and just recently i bought a new graphics because i installed win 7.the specs of my pc are:
psu: 300w
mobo: P4S800
cpu:intel P4 2.53
ram:3gig
gpu:sapphire radeon hd 3650
sound card:soundblastel 24bit live
HDD:3 ide
OD:2
my problem is that after installing win7 the graphics card gives no signal to the monitor.sometimes it works fine i can see the whole booting screens,while other time the screen appears when i log in to windows.mostly though i wont get a signal and the computer keeps rebooting, and i press enter (while blind) just to execute a restart after 4-5 times of this procedure it finally gives a signal and the windows pop up a message of a blue screen...
could this be because of the psu? with my old gpu i had no problems at all on windows, but because it was old i had no drivers

if anyones understands whats wrong please reply...

More about : signal gpu

a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2010 11:45:14 AM

Does your motherboard happen to have an on-board video card?

Also which came first? your Win7 or your HD3650 ( this is agp version, right? )
May 12, 2010 2:20:22 PM

randomkid said:
Does your motherboard happen to have an on-board video card?

Also which came first? your Win7 or your HD3650 ( this is agp version, right? )

first of all thanks for the reply...
no my motherboard doesn't have on board video card.
i installed the windows with my old gpu (radeon9200) but windows recognised it as "generic vga adaptor".
because i couldnt find any drivers for it, i decided to change it.at first i thought it was kind of a conflict because of the drivers, so i decided to format the pc once again(i got lucky and the monitorwas running through the installation) afterwards it's what i describe above....
i just changed the psu and got a 450w capable, i hope this was the problem.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2010 11:53:15 PM

Do you mean that ater changing the PSU, you got the display alright?
May 13, 2010 7:06:15 AM

randomkid said:
Do you mean that ater changing the PSU, you got the display alright?

well this is weird...if i shutdown the pc and then reboot i get signal when i reach to the log in screen of windows.
if i restart the pc i wont get a signal and the pc keeps rebooting for 3-4 times until i finally get a signal on the log in screen.ofcourse it starts from a previous restore point and all my installed programs are gone...
a b U Graphics card
May 14, 2010 6:06:37 AM

That is really weird and must be frustrating.

I see that you got the old Radeon 9200 which is AGP. So I assume that you got the HD3650 AGP version also to match with your slot.

Can you put back the Radeon 9200 and see if you also encounter the same problem you have when using the HD 3650 ( let us worry about the driver later )...
May 14, 2010 8:39:45 AM

Yes my friend that is REALLY frustating....

if i put my old radeon all work as they should be, but i dont get high resolution and the videos kinda loose frames...

for the time being i just shutdown the pc and all work fine, but if i make an installation that makes autorestart
i'm in trouble...
i'm thinking of installing the geforce 7600 agp 512 during the weekend and see what happens. a friend of mine gave it to me.in your opinion which is better the 3650 or the 7600?

thanks for your help!
a b U Graphics card
May 14, 2010 11:19:06 AM

Since they are different generation cards, it is hard to get reviews where both cards appear and benchmarked against each other on the same game. I found two reviews, one reviewing the 7600GT & GS, while another one reviews the HD 3650. I chose these two because they both contains review for F.E.A.R although at different resolutions so even then we have to discern which one is better.
http://www.techspot.com/review/16-gigabyte-geforce-7600...
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/powerco...
The HD 3650 do 51 fps on F.E.A.R at 1360x768.
The 7600 GT ( you did ot mention if its gt or gs ) performs at 55fps at 1280x1024. If its the 7600GS, it performs a little less.
Thus I think they will be about the same so whatever works for you should be fine.
!