$800-$1000 Music Production/Gaming PC

lookoverthere101

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
I'm not sure why I posted this and it disappeared within seconds, so if there turns out to be a double post I'm sorry.

Hello all,

I have been trying to get this PC together within this budget but have been struggling, and a friend suggested that I find help here. :)

I will be essentially using it for music software like Pro Tools, but will also do some gaming on the side. I have a lot of equipment that plugs into USB and Firewire, so a setup that facilitates that would be very helpful. I would also prefer to have a dual monitor setup. Noise is not a huge issue as I have a cabinet for microphones, although if noise reduction can be fit into this budget then it would be appreciated.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: I plan to order the parts by this week. BUDGET RANGE: Preferably around the $800 range. Can push to $1000 if absolutely necessary.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Number one priority will be audio production, rendering, etc. Gaming and Photoshop also considered. Aside from that, nothing else comes to mind.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Mouse, Keyboard, OS, Displays, Speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: ncix.com COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada

PARTS PREFERENCES: Although I'll have an external sound card for my music stuff, I'd like to also have a normal, possibly integrated, sound card as well for times I'd just like to use that.

OVERCLOCKING: No SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1440x900 or better, but 1920x1080, 1920x1200 is not necessary.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Functionality takes priority, but I'd like this to not take up too much space. Things like SSD's I may invest in later, but not now.

Thank you all very much!

Ok starting at a point even lower than your min point of budget @ $749AR we have:
Untitled-180.jpg

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Normally I would say build it yourself...but for your budget and needs, I don't think you can find a better deal than this.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4485017&CatId=5140

Very capable of gaming at the lower resolutions you'll be running, and it has a great processor for the multi-threaded apps you'll be running. Easy to upgrade if and when you need to. And its much cheaper than you can build one of similar quality in Canadian dollars.