Wont boot pass post

when i turn my pc on it beeps 1 then gose to post
on the screen i get

W7255M7 V1.OF 111706 18:00:00 DIXONSXP

MAIN PROCESSOR :INTELR 3.20 GHZ (133X24.0)
MEMORY TESTING :457728K OK
CPU BRAND INTEL R CELERON D
CIE BIOS SUPPORTED
IDE 0 MASTER ST3120022A 3.06 HD
IDE 0 SLAVE NONE
IDE 1 MASTER NONE
IDE 1 SLAVE OPTIC DVD RW AD-7170A 1.02

MY MEMOR IS SAMSUNG 2 STICKS OF 256MB 1RX16 PC2-4200
BARRACUDA 7200 120GB SEAGATE HD

EVERY THING SEEMS FINE WHEN BOOTING BUT STOPS AT POST PLEASE HELP
6 answers Last reply
More about wont boot pass post
  1. I don't know if this is related, but the optical drive should be jumpered on the back for "Master".

If not this,
    our standard checklist and troubleshooting thread:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-posting-boot-problems

Look at the left side of your keyboard. You see the [Caps Lock] key?
    Turn it off. Then leave it alone. :)
  2. if you are getting a single beep you are passing POST, which means you are having trouble booting into your OS.

What operating system are you using? Did this system used to work? Were there any changes to it prior to it not working?
  3. windows xp pro it was working in my mates pc he bout a new board and pass me the old 1
  4. So you are using a hard drive with Windows installed on a different motherboard.

That works sometimes. When it doesn't, you need to reinstall Windows with the new (different) motherboard.
  5. hunter315 said:
    if you are getting a single beep you are passing POST, which means you are having trouble booting into your OS.

What operating system are you using? Did this system used to work? Were there any changes to it prior to it not working?

win xp pro
  6. jsc said:
    So you are using a hard drive with Windows installed on a different motherboard.

That works sometimes. When it doesn't, you need to reinstall Windows with the new (different) motherboard.

but i put the cd in gone to bios to have the first boot cd but when i reset the pc it stops at post nothing happening
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems