Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Question

Last response: in Motherboards
March 16, 2011 3:49:56 PM

Hi,

This might be a stupid question but. I just recieved this board and was wondering how could you tell if the board is the B3 revision? I know the box itself said it was but, there was no seal on the box, and the board itself looks handled because i see some scratches. The only numbers i see on the board that could be serial are near the RAM slots which doesnt match the serial or part number on the box. Please help, I do not want to start building my computer if this was one of the old boards packaged into a new box. I got the part at Newegg if it helps.
March 16, 2011 4:05:49 PM

You could call ASUS up @customer care and see if they can tell from the serial number.
March 16, 2011 4:08:46 PM

I'm still on the phone waiting for a rep to talk to me, been a good 20mins =[, I did some search and outside of BIOS options and the B3 on the board, there should be a sticker on the board itself, which I dont see one, so this worries me alot =[
Related resources
March 16, 2011 4:23:05 PM

Good one Jaquith. I hope this helped 7thx. Pick jaquith as best answer too 7thx.
March 16, 2011 4:24:27 PM

I did, thats why it worries me because I dont see the sticker, the rep said there should be a sticker if I got it from newegg, but there isnt =[, the box was not sealed, the electrostatic bag was not seal, but I did find the matching serial number on a sticker on the PCI slot, but on the board itself where it says P8P67 Deluxe, it also says Rev. 1.03, so is that B3?
March 16, 2011 4:29:06 PM

Just do a quick hook up and turn it on. Go into the bios as the link says. then you have your answer. That;s probably going to be the fastest way to get the verdict. Good Luck.
March 16, 2011 4:36:55 PM

ern88 said:
Just do a quick hook up and turn it on. Go into the bios as the link says. then you have your answer. That;s probably going to be the fastest way to get the verdict. Good Luck.

I'm not a pro builder, and this would be my 2nd build in like 5 years, so what is the fastest way to hook it up, like what do I have to have on the board for me to get into bios?
a c 715 V Motherboard
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
March 16, 2011 4:45:52 PM

7thx said:
I did, thats why it worries me because I dont see the sticker, the rep said there should be a sticker if I got it from newegg, but there isnt =[, the box was not sealed, the electrostatic bag was not seal, but I did find the matching serial number on a sticker on the PCI slot, but on the board itself where it says P8P67 Deluxe, it also says Rev. 1.03, so is that B3?

If BOTH the box and MOBO lacks the 'identification' then 9+/10 it's NOT B3. You can either Register the product which should 'flag' the non-B3 or simply RMA it.

There 'should be' NO mystery about KNOWING you have the revised MOBO! My assumption is the you have the bad-chipset.
March 16, 2011 4:46:26 PM

seat the cpu, ram, video card and hook up the power supply. Just put fans on cpu. hook up monitor, keyboard and mouse. Go right into your BIOS and check what ver your motherboard is as the link illustrates.
March 16, 2011 4:54:08 PM

jaquith said:
If BOTH the box and MOBO lacks the 'identification' then 9+/10 it's NOT B3. You can either Register the product which should 'flag' the non-B3 or simply RMA it.

There 'should be' NO mystery about KNOWING you have the revised MOBO! My assumption is the you have the bad-chipset.

The box has the B3 identification, the mobo does not have the sticker. The only other indicator is next to where it says P8P67 Deluxe it has Rev 1.03, im guessing thats the PCB because its on the board?
a c 715 V Motherboard
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
March 16, 2011 5:14:38 PM

Then I'd say Register the MOBO http://service.asus.com/ if it's not B3 it should let you know. Next, from the prior link I posted Step 3 identifies the B3 in the BIOS before you go through too much installation (RAM, CPU + fan, GPU & PSU). Build it on cardboard and if it checks out then move it you your case & you're good to go!

I build most of my rigs that way and test the components prior to a full install. I takes minutes to bench a system...

Good Luck! :) 
March 16, 2011 5:38:42 PM

jaquith said:
Then I'd say Register the MOBO http://service.asus.com/ if it's not B3 it should let you know. Next, from the prior link I posted Step 3 identifies the B3 in the BIOS before you go through too much installation (RAM, CPU + fan, GPU & PSU). Build it on cardboard and if it checks out then move it you your case & you're good to go!

I build most of my rigs that way and test the components prior to a full install. I takes minutes to bench a system...

Good Luck! :) 

I registered but I don't think it would let you know if its B3 or not on that site, its pretty general. It kinda bugs me because the sticker with the serial number does say Rev 3.0 on it but the PCB says 1.03, can anyone confirm or help me out here please, I'm kinda reluctant to build it just to find out its not B3 =[

Best solution

a c 715 V Motherboard
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
March 16, 2011 6:35:27 PM

The above is the ONLY ways to confirm: 1. Link, 2. Call.

edit: IF you purchased from a reputable company e.g. Newegg and purchased it AFTER the re-release you've got nothing to worry about.

Your MOBO could very easily have had the Intel Chipset replaced; meaning the MOBO version of 1.03 has no bearing on the Chipset version - it's not the problem one (1) Chip is/was the problem.

'I' would feel comfortable building the system and prior to installing the OS check the BIOS. It doesn't take that long to put together a system. Build it on the cardboard -- 20 minutes max time. If the BIOS checks-out then move it to the case and take your time putting it together. You don't even need a HDD.

WORST CASE - a wasted dab of Thermal Compound. If non-B3 clean the CPU with a towel and some Isopropyl alcohol using a ear swab.
March 16, 2011 9:30:29 PM

Best answer selected by 7thx.
!